My Ex-Boyfriend Contacted Me...After Several Years

*I'm unsure which section this post falls under, but if it has to be moved to the proper section thanks in advance.*

I created my account on here back in 2011, and I created threads as well as posts which pertained to my ex-bf. Well, I remembered my username and password and now I'm posting again after a long hiatus.

Okay now, on to the subject.

So back in September of last year, my ex-bf contacted me via Facebook Messenger. I literally awoke at 5-something in the morning to find that he messaged me with a waving emoji. My reaction was more so "Oh" and then I turned over and went back to sleep. During the early afternoon, I responded with a waving emoji just to return the greeting.

We engaged in a brief, cordial discussion which included an apology from him about how badly the relationship ended. The discussion ended with us having bid each other a "Goodnight". Afterward, we didn't contact one another. But then...suddenly, last month, he contacted me again. Technically, that is three months which passed before he did so. I was taken aback by such because I thought he simply wanted to make peace with me during the first contact and that would be the end of it. Anyway, during the second discussion, I managed to vent to him about the grief I felt after the breakup and the anger, as well sadness, which had overwhelmed me in spurts.

The communication has been cordial because that is the manner in which I'm remaining.

Do you know how freaking good I felt after that? :D I literally purged what I had no choice but to suppress for so long. I still can't believe that I finally got the closure I had wanted.

• Like 1

That is awesome to hear. My relationship with my ex ended horribly as well. Ended in 2016 and I wonder if we will ever talk again or if she will ever have the decency to apologize for how she treated me. Sounds like you guys needed a lot of time apart before you could reconnect again. Gives me hope that maybe I will be lucky one day....thanks. And congratulations. :)