Calling the wife a saint

I recently went to visit my counselor. He uses his wife, kids as examples when dealing with marriage counseling. I undserstand he is proud of them etc. He was explaining the difference between "possiblity" and probabilty" as far as if someone could cheat or not. Sure anyone could, but according to him he tells me that, he is 110 percent sure his wife would NEVER cheat on him. When I asked him how he was so sure, he tells me because shes not vulnerable because he gives her what she wants/needs in all areas of the marriage. He states shes the most loving/caring/understanding/honest person he knows. He even called her a saint.

I understand what he is saying but at the same time I would think it to be unrealistic not to think that she could. I'm not saying she would, and hopefully she wouldn't. But for him to be so convinced otherwise just seems that his head is to far in the clouds. He tells me that after 21 years of marriage and the fact he knows her better than anyone he can honestly say she wouldn't. He says that he satisfies her in all areas so if theres no vulnerabilty there then the chances of her cheating would be slim to none. He did say they have had their share of problems as all people have but not to the point where she would think of stepping out on him. He even said he would be more likely to step out before she ever would. Now maybe thats just an example or maybe it means he doesn't feel hes quite the "saint" he says that she is. It just hit me as him being overly sure about the whole thing. Not sure if thats good or bad. I have said to him before that sometimes things aren't always what they seem. Just for him to come back and say"'But sometimes things are exactly what they seem." Does anyone else think it to be kind of unrealilistic for him to think she NEVER would? :confused:

Jade

i don't think it's abnormal that he feels this way.

i wouldn't be serious with someone if i thought "well, i guess they might cheat on me." especially not for 21 years.

i was with a guy that i never thought would cheat on me, and he did. i was shocked.

but i still trust the new guy i am with, and feel even more strongly that he will not cheat on me than the last one. it's only fair to feel that way until i have a reason not to.