Do you still wear your wedding ring?

Due to what happened to me I ended up reading a lot of posts from married people here who ended up having an affair. People who stayed with their h/w even if they are no longer sleeping together or love each other. And people who became the OW or OM.

My question to those who had an affair and no longer sleep with their w/h- despite being married, do you still wear your wedding ring or take good care of it (removing it when doing some chores)? Does your w/h know of your A or do you keep it a secret?

And to the OW/OM does your mm/mw still wear their wedding ring?

Edited by lolita888

I took mine off when with OW. She knew I was M (as was she). I think this was symbolic of my momentary departures from the M. I never saw OW wear her rings, but that made sense as she was planning to split from him (ours was an exit A for her).

Mine was off months before my affair, I didn’t realize I had subconsciously started checking out of my marriage.

I had it back on after my H found out about my affair, and we were in marriage repair mode. I took it off about 6 weeks after. We are now separated.

Neither one of us wear ours.

I’ve seen him with it twice in 7 years. It was after our break up, when they were together. It was like he was trying really hard to get back into the relationship. I think she asked him to...

He tried twice, then away with the ring and the act that they’re ‘okay’..

@east dean. I'm sorry. It hurts and is so very painful. I'm in recovery but have a long way to go. Seems like it's getting lighter but I am still in trauma.

I am ashamed to say I still wore my wedding ring because my affair took place at work, and everyone knew I was married. My xOM didn't, and I didn't know he was married until after our affair ended.

MM didn’t wear his ring when he was with me, always left it in his vehicle, on his on volition. I would only see him wearing it when he was working. At one point, I noticed he had a new ring but I never got the chance to ask him about it because I didn’t want to bring it up when other people were around and I couldn’t figure out how to nonchalantly ask when we were alone either since he wasn’t wearing it. I assume he had another “I’m leaving” rant with his wife, threw it and lost it, and had to get a new one when he changed his mind, again.

I got married in 1993, paid $2,500 for her diamond ring and my gold band. we divorced in 1997. Fast fwd to 2011. I needed some ca$h so I went back to the same jeweler and he gave me $1,200 for the pair

• Like 1
Im single so I don't have a ring, but my MM always kept his on. It kind of bothers me.

Same here, except when he went to the gym. Said it rubbed against his finger when lifting weights. Not so sure I believe that story, especially since he was trying to pick up a trainer there, and god knows who else.

I only took mine off during a separation but only so my H couldn’t take it...bc it’s a fantastic ring & is to go to one of our children/grandchildren later on & had we’d divided I wasn’t going to Allyson it go to anyone but one of “my” children.

In my opinion, who cares. The only reason someone would take off their ring is not to upset the person they’re having an affair with...not bc it has some deep meaning of not wanting to be with their spouse. This is one of those things that OM/OW look way yo into for some actual meaning. It doesn’t mean anything minus they didn’t want to ruin that particular sex session.

And to the OW/OM does your mm/mw still wear their wedding ring?

He didn’t. He hated it and never wore it. He hadn’t wanted one - sad he didn’t like rings.

Since we got M, he never takes his ring I gave him off. So clearly it wasn’t rings he disliked.

I got married in 1993, paid $2,500 for her diamond ring and my gold band. we divorced in 1997. Fast fwd to 2011. I needed some ca$h so I went back to the same jeweler and he gave me $1,200 for the pair

Same. I think I sold back my wedding ring in less than a year. I had mixed emotions about getting rid of it but it was meaning less and was part of moving on....and I never looked back!

At least you were smart enough to ask for your engagement ring back!!