Is my relationship a coincidence?

JeanneBaptist

It's said sometimes certain events in the present happen for a reason. I'm not sure if my relationship is indeed a coincidence or not.

Flashback to 2006:

When I was 10 years old, some guy (let's call him John) in his mid teens that lived a couple blocks from our home intervened on time just before a drunk driver was going to strike me. He shoved me very hard on the ground. I ended up with a couple scrapes on my right knee but he nearly died.

Present-day to March 2018:

A couple friends and I were at a party and we were introduced to a mutual friend's distant cousin. The guy and I clicked so well during the whole day. We started hanging out more often and eventually becomes exclusive. Though his name and certain features seemed somewhat familiar, I ignored this at first. Nearly on our 3rd month of dating, I realized he was really John, the same teen from back then.

Our ages match perfectly too, I turned 22 on Aug and he's now 27. So is this fate telling me that it was meant to happen? That we were meant to meet each after all these years??

• Author
JeanneBaptist
It may have been one of those meant to be things. Sounds like an amazing story. Enjoy!
Thanks.

I lost count of the many times I've expressed my gratitude. I'm alive because of him that day.

It sucks that he nearly died saving me and then the shocking reactions of his parents upon knowing their son's heart rate had stopped once. I really felt bad for the family that day.

We had this conversation and what I found amazing was when my bf stated that he would risk his life for me again if ever put in that situation, even take a bullet for me during a shooting spree. Let's hope none of that ever happens. I love him and can't imagine losing him.

Edited by JeanneBaptist

Well, it depends if you believe in fate or free will.

Personally I'd say it's a coincidence. Or not that much of a coincidence actually since he lived a few blocks away it was quite likely that you'd have mutual friends / relatives.

How come you lost contact in the first place, anyway? If someone saved me like that I think I'd know his name and face forever.

Cool story though, I'm glad you found happiness :)

Great story. Somewhere in both your subconsciouses, you do recognize each other. It was too big a deal to not have it stored up there. So I think that may be why you were drawn to each other. I hope it all works out for you.