How do female and male fall in love is different?

So lately I've been wondering how this courtship process work. I asked some friends, some female friends and read some dating coaches I get the idea that:

1) Male falls in love inmediatly. He knows day 1 or 2 that he is interested in a woman. In my case I can say this is true :laugh:

2) Female takes some time to "warm up". She doesn't know right away if she likes him or not, or maybe she does but not to what extend, she needs a few days/weeks to fall in love and some people claim here is where she starts testing the male to see what he is made of.

People remember we are talking here about falling in love, not about having the hots. Of course, some women may see a man and say "Omg he is so cute I love him" but that doesn't really tell she is in love with him, she just finds him attractive.

And just to make things funny, I saw this joke in Instagram:

Heterosexual couple: We've been dating for a few months so I guess we are in a relationship

Gay couple: I've just met him 2 hours ago at the mall and I think he is the one

Lesbian couple: We've been best friends for 6 years.

If you're referring to "falling in love" as opposed to "hots" (lust), I'm not sure if I know any guys who have really fallen in love on day 1. It's almost always lust at that point, but a lot of guys often confuse it with love as they are sometimes (not always) less aware of their emotions.

My experiences have been quite the opposite to yours. My first relationship was only 2 months and in hindsight it was all lust. My second and longest relationship took 3 months for me to fall in love, and it lasted 6 years after that. I've been dating my current partner for 4 months and I'm still waiting for that feeling to develop. It's a level of admiration and care for the person which goes way beyond simply wanting to bang them.

I don't believe that anyone can truly love a person who they don't yet know well. With this in mind, I think you're talking about lust rather than love.

Anyway, I'm a woman and I've had lust arrive after knowing someone for quite some time and I've had it happen in the space of a few hours. There's no rule.

Edited by basil67
somanymistakes

All "male" and all "female" humans are not stamped out of identical molds. (Clothes shopping would be SO MUCH EASIER if they were.)

Some men fall quickly, some don't. Some women fall quickly, some don't.

There may or may not be trends, but not everyone is going to fit them. It's dangerous to get your ideas too fixed, because then you tend to pre-judge people as opposed to paying attention to what they're actually doing right now.

"I bought you chocolate! All women love chocolate!"

"I'm allergic to chocolate. You never listen to me!"

"But I bought you chocolate and all women love chocolate..."

Falling in love to me is caring about your partner and them caring about you, beyond sex/romance. Even though Sex/Romance are incorporated into your lives together.