I've Been Interested In This Girl For a While Now...

Hi guys I need some help :( ,

Here is the background:

I started my first year of college last fall, and everyday I walk to my college's shuttle stop. I noticed in the first week that this girl who is very pretty lives in the same neighborhood as me and goes to the same college too. We usually walk the same way, take the school's shuttle to and back at the same times. We also had a class together for both the fall and spring semester. At this point, I should've grown a pair already and have talked to her. But I didn't, I missed many opportunities to talk to her and make friends. She also showed signs of interest in me.

Fast forward to now, I don't see her as much but sometimes we would still end up coincidentally taking the school's shuttle to and back at the same times.

Do you think I still have a chance to talk to her and get her number? Or should I just give up at this point? What do you think I should do?

J

What do you think I should do?

Lay down in front of the shuttle and, when the bus runs over you, see if she comes up to help.

Or....

Talk to her. "I see on the bus all the time, we had ____ class together. I'm jz928". Eye contact is important.

Your choice :cool: ...

Mr. Lucky

Sounds like you are a bloke who has not tried to get ladies contact information very much. I would recommend the following - sit close to her in the classroom so you don't give off a threatening vibe, or close by on the public bus. Say something simple like, hi there, I noticed we were classmates, I always see you in one of my classes. Then find out what she likes.

The keys are to never ever tie your self esteem to the outcome of asking out a single girl. Before she's committed to you, there's no reason to put her on a pedestal. Think with the abundance mentality. You might find out that she is a wanker (British for *******) and have not a bloody thing in common. Or, you might find out she has some stuff in common and have a smashing time. You just don't know yet.

She likely has been approached by many guys and in turn, rejected many guys, because they never made her comfortable talking to them. Women have to live with some degree of a threat of retaliation or anger after rejecting guys. So, they have to think of certain ways to let guys down easy. Therefore, to win this one, you have to create a situation where you and she are both comfortable starting a conversation, namely a safe open public place.

In summary, go for it. If she denies you, your ego needs to be built Ford tough and brush this rubbish off. The next lady will come along next week or something like that, no big deal. Everyone in the whole world is entitled to their opinions and preferences. You can never prevent friendzoning but you can always improve your chances.

• Like 3
Sounds like you are a bloke who has not tried to get ladies contact information very much. I would recommend the following - sit close to her in the classroom so you don't give off a threatening vibe, or close by on the public bus. Say something simple like, hi there, I noticed we were classmates, I always see you in one of my classes. Then find out what she likes.

The keys are to never ever tie your self esteem to the outcome of asking out a single girl. Before she's committed to you, there's no reason to put her on a pedestal. Think with the abundance mentality. You might find out that she is a wanker (British for *******) and have not a bloody thing in common. Or, you might find out she has some stuff in common and have a smashing time. You just don't know yet.

She likely has been approached by many guys and in turn, rejected many guys, because they never made her comfortable talking to them. Women have to live with some degree of a threat of retaliation or anger after rejecting guys. So, they have to think of certain ways to let guys down easy. Therefore, to win this one, you have to create a situation where you and she are both comfortable starting a conversation, namely a safe open public place.

In summary, go for it. If she denies you, your ego needs to be built Ford tough and brush this rubbish off. The next lady will come along next week or something like that, no big deal. Everyone in the whole world is entitled to their opinions and preferences. You can never prevent friendzoning but you can always improve your chances.

Very good points and advice.

• Author

Thank you for the advice!

I think you should pick a day she's carrying too much crap or it's dark and gloomy or there's been a serial killer on the loose and do the old-fashioned thing and say, Here, let me at least see you home safely.

Hi guys I need some help :( ,

Do you think I still have a chance to talk to her and get her number? Or should I just give up at this point? What do you think I should do?

So long as you are both still alive and she isn't deaf you have a chance to talk to her. Whether or not she gives you her number cannot be predicted based on the info you've provided. No you shouldn't give up. You should do what damn near all men have to do at some point: step up and put yourself out there. Stop waiting. You'll be dead someday you know.

• Like 2