Dating coworker

Brewgirl1234

Opinions on dating a coworker....

I was asked out by a fellow teach from the school I work at. We work in different departments, but both coach sports teams, so we see each other often due to practices, gym time and games.

We are definitely both attracted to each other. But I am concerned over potential backlash should we not work out or if we were to get together but then break up. I think I’m maybe over analyzing the situation?

I love my job and the school that I teach at! Am I crazy to put a guy in front of that? He’s asked me on a date and I’ve said yes, but we haven’t made a plan yet. So I could still back out if it’s a bad idea.

-Sam

We are definitely both attracted to each other. But I am concerned over potential backlash should we not work out or if we were to get together but then break up. I think I’m maybe over analyzing the situation?

I've worked my entire career in a business (Hospitality) where this is very common. And I'd say, 80% of the time, these relationships end in a way that falls on a spectrum ranging from awkward to disastrous. Beyond that, people like to talk (old Chinese saying - 3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead) and your personal life will be the subject of much gossip and in-house discussion.

If those odds and parameters are OK with you, go for it...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1