Is there any such thing called clingy or overbearing?

There is this girl in my uni who I really like, but I'm not sure what she thinks or feels at all. That's mostly because I've had very little communication with her. I can say that she's playing hot and cold big time with me. There are times when she's texting me for hours, but then there are days where she just disappears.

She has told me before that there are days when she doesn't feel like dealing with people at all. She had stopped texting me one time and I ran into her at the uni and asked what's wrong, she literally ran away from me. 2 weeks after that she told me she has these anti-social days.

She's in her final year at the uni, and I'm a freshman, but I'm older than her - she doesn't really know this. Now, it was on Tuesday that she last texted and I've sent her a couple of messages after that. She has come online since like maybe 3-4 times, but she hasn't seen my messages. She's not that much into phones and texting. I'm not able to get her off my mind. Even when I feel like forgetting this whole thing, I find myself thinking about her.

Can someone tell me what really is going on? I have made sure that whatever little time I got with her, that she was having fun the whole time, and it was never boring or awkward. How do I handle this whole situation?

We've never really had a phone call. It's mostly texting or just hanging out at the uni a couple of times. Should I call her? Text her again? Hope for a miracle. Being away from her and her independence of phones fascinates me even more.

If you are interested in her sexually. The best thing you could possibly do is to be bold and tell her as soon as it's physically possible, that you want her that way.

Absent doing that, you're wasting your time.

That said the nice thing about getting to the point early, is it removes doubt.

If she wants you or doesn't want you, you should find out in short order. Instead of passively wasting your time to no end.

If you are interested in her sexually. The best thing you could possibly do is to be bold and tell her as soon as it's physically possible, that you want her that way.

While I assume the OP has an interest that goes beyond hooking up, this advice generally makes sense.

ripple89, right now you're one of many. Time to see if there's a chance for more than that by asking her out or at least to hang out...

Mr. Lucky

It's possible she has emotional/mental health issues.

I have my "anti-social" days, but I don't literally run away from people.

I agree with the other advice, ask her to hang out or to go on a date. You learn more about people face to face than by text or phone.

Ask yourself why you would want someone who's so unpredictable as a partner. She sounds like a recipe for a really unsatisfactory relationship.

When dating, wanting someone who's stable should be your baseline.

• Like 1

Sounds like a busy person who isn't really into texting and isn't interested enough in you to compromise on that. You should ask her out and get it over with and then you'll have your answer.