Friend zones!

I just have a question for you ladies out there...how? How is it even possible for women to not develop feelings for men they are very close to and possess all the traits they say they wish their boyfriends have/had, or are the complete opposite of every bad boyfriend they've ever had? Or how can you feel nothing when this same person makes you laugh hysterically and even have those little moments that become hilarious inside jokes that only the two of you find funny? All this at the same time repeatedly getting caught checking him (me) out, so even physical traits aren't a problem...I guess I could be reading that part wrong but it's not likely.

Myself and this woman I speak of have been out a few times for food and drinks just the two of us and had an amazing time, we've stayed up all night until the sun came up talking about literally anything and everything one two separate occasions, and I've even made her cry before (happy tears lol) by saying things that meant so much to her. How can you not want to give that a go to at least see where things lead? I just don't get it.

I should say that I know I sound heart broken (maybe? Do I? Lol) but this has been going on for a while and I've moved past that part. At the moment I'm dating other women, and have even found a prospect who might be able to take my mind off of her. It's just extremely aggravating because this question keeps popping up in the back of mind, that question is...how?

One could say all the same things about her brother. He might tick all the same boxes you do, but she wouldn't date him in a million years. Why not? Well because he's her brother.

So why not you? Well because you're her friend rovers14. That's all there is to it.

In the age old question of affection, the only real scenario where people feel instant attraction are:

The times where the guy is ridiculously attractive, and the woman feels real lust for him.

The times where the guy is extremely well off, and the woman is feeling attraction for his material possessions to get herself an upgrade in her life standing.

Most other times, for the vast majority of the rest of the population, girls are like cats in the game of affection, and guys are like dogs. You can't force a cat to do what you want, you have to convince her from an emotional standpoint that it is the most comfortable thing to do. Girls will rarely ever respond to a guys "logic" based approach to why she should be physical and affectionate with her. On the other hand, girls friendzone guys for a variety of reasons, mostly that fall under the category of "it felt like the right thing to do". Guys who attempt the "dog" approach of always being available and always showing affection frequently appear weak in a girls eyes, and then you get the "Oh I don't know", "let's just be friends" speech.

You will always find some proportion of girls who will friendzone you, that's a fact of life. Reasons are as varied as there are different cultures on the Earth. Rushing affection is about as effective as trying to grab a cat who isn't comfortable with being around you. The key to dating on your terms is to always be the stately, exciting gentleman who demonstrates and not talks about, being a real man.

How can you not want to give that a go to at least see where things lead? I just don't get it.

Is it safe to assume you've told her how you feel?

Mr. Lucky