What is it with guys and "snapchat?"

Dodgersfan11

Why do guys want to use snapchat with girls? Is taking pictures on your phone and sending them through text too old fashioned now a days? I know with snap chat you take photos send them and they "disappear" like seconds later, well, they don't exactly disappear, you can always screenshot it and save it on your phone. I don't see the hype surrounding it. Am I missing out on the fun of snapchat or something? Is texting out of style?

Personally, I don't even bother with guys who are active on snapchat, Instagram and similar social medias. It's attention seeking and it isn't attractive. Besides, snapchat is for teenagers and nothing will make me change my mind.

• Like 1

I get pix from a couple MW's who mentioned snapchat and apparently play with the pictures or videos in the app but I always get the images via my text app on my phone. Don't know much about that stuff but they seem to always 'enhance' the image/video in some way. The most annoying so far is the squeaky voice thing.

Myself, I'll usually take a picture or short video clip in the phone camera and send it directly via text. The last one was of a bunch of baby quail on the patio strutting around with their parents. Not exactly dick pix I guess ;)

When I OLD I like to use Snapchat as you can send quick videos of yourself and this allows me to get a better snapshot into someone than I can get from just seeing their still profile or texting them. I can see the stuff they're posting about their daily life and videos of them "in action" which is more 3 dimensional and "real" than the photos they select for their profile. It's also a way for me to verify they are who they say they are. People can have fake or old pictures of themselves, it's a lot harder to fake a video of yourself that you're sending live via snapchat.

I also use it to communicate while in a relationship, as it is a quick way, especially when I'm traveling (which my partner and I both had to do a lot for work) to share my day with my SO (and bonus, it disappears so isn't being stored on your phone and taking up space). I could send a pic or video of what I was doing, eating, send them a goodnight video, the view I was looking at, instead of trying to explain a certain thing sometimes I could just send a video of it, stuff like that that was really nice to get when we were apart that makes them able to really feel like they are there with you. I support it and see its benefit. With anything, it's how you use it and not the medium itself that matters.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 1
  • Author
Dodgersfan11
When I OLD I like to use Snapchat as you can send quick videos of yourself and this allows me to get a better snapshot into someone than I can get from just seeing their still profile or texting them. I can see the stuff they're posting about their daily life and videos of them "in action" which is more 3 dimensional and "real" than the photos they select for their profile. It's also a way for me to verify they are who they say they are. People can have fake or old pictures of themselves, it's a lot harder to fake a video of yourself that you're sending live via snapchat.

I also use it to communicate while in a relationship, as it is a quick way, especially when I'm traveling (which my partner and I both had to do a lot for work) to share my day with my SO (and bonus, it disappears so isn't being stored on your phone and taking up space). I could send a pic or video of what I was doing, eating, send them a goodnight video, the view I was looking at, instead of trying to explain a certain thing sometimes I could just send a video of it, stuff like that that was really nice to get when we were apart that makes them able to really feel like they are there with you. I support it and see its benefit. With anything, it's how you use it and not the medium itself that matters.

I guess that's why snapchat is common on OLD, people don't want to be catfished, when I was on OLD, most guys would ask do you have snapchat? Which I found a waste to add someone just to send snaps with no intention of meeting up.