Girl with Boyfriend giving mixed signals

TheOneRomeo

Had this girl in my class last fall semester and I always caught her staring at me, mimicking certain words and phrases I would do, as well as trying to stand by me whenever possible....

Fast forward to the end of spring semester I see her in a final review for class and I sit down away from her, she then starts talking to me and proceeds to sit down by me. She told me If I ever need help studying to let her know as ill be taking a class she has already had. I added her on Facebook and ever since then we have been talking every single day. She starts the vast majority of the conversations and she talks to me about anything and everything from past sexual experiences, to depression, to anxiety, to suicide...

While texting she would always tease me and keep the conversation going if it was dying down and whenever I said or did something she would always "same here" or "me too"

Example...

Me: my luck is the worst

Her: Mine too

Me: I plan on getting back into boxing

Her: I've always wanted to box

I also got back into running and she told me she hated running but then the next day she said she went out for a run and used to be a "runner"

shes accidentally texted me twice the second one being that she was going "lingerie shopping".

I asked her sorority sisters if anything was going on with her and the girl ive been talking to found out, she said she was in a "happy" "loyal" "loving" relationship with her boyfriend.

I called her out on the accidental texts, texting me everyday, etc....she said those were meant for her boyfriend and that her boyfriend knows we have been talking which I know is a LIE because whenever she would go see him or hang out with him she would suddenly stop responding to me and then apologize when she got back home for ignoring my texts...

She also told me her boyfriend doesn't like her hanging out at my fraternity house and drinking but she told me she wanted to start hanging out there and didn't mention bringing him along.

A part of me thinks shes doing massive damage control because shes mad I've been talking with her sorority sisters about her and she doesnt want people thinking shes a cheater, sleazy, etc.......she told me she wants to build a "stronger friendship foundation." This girl would also ask me about my interests, past, and tell me little things she was doing throughout the day....thanks!!!

We've only been talking for a month but have known of each other for a while now. She also told me she still wants to talk and hang out (with her sisters)...I just don’t get it as far as I’m aware she has no guy friends she talks to like me. I told her to tell her boyfriend if it was cool if we’d hang out and she said she would.

Edited by TheOneRomeo
Time-frame of talking

As long as she is with her BF you would do well to steer clear. She's either using you to stroke her ego or she's playing head games with her BF trying to make him jealous. Either way she's up to no good & you're caught in the middle.

Remember if she will cheat with you, she will cheat on you

• Author
TheOneRomeo

Yeah that’s what I figured, I’ll just ignore her from now on. It’s weird though I noticed she was adding people off my friends list.

• Author
TheOneRomeo

That’s what I’m thinking...boyfriend probably doesn’t give her enough which is fine because when I ignore her I know it’s going to hurt her like last time.

DrReplyInRhymes
That’s what I’m thinking...boyfriend probably doesn’t give her enough which is fine because when I ignore her I know it’s going to hurt her like last time.

She could be lining up her next boyfriend because she doesn't see anything going on with this one, i.e. monkey branching.

If you like her, be her friend. Don't get friendzoned however!

If you don't like her, plenty of other fish in the sea without boyfriends.

• Author
TheOneRomeo
She could be lining up her next boyfriend because she doesn't see anything going on with this one, i.e. monkey branching.

If you like her, be her friend. Don't get friendzoned however!

If you don't like her, plenty of other fish in the sea without boyfriends.

Then why did she tell me she was in a loving and loyal relationship???? Is it perhaps she feels guilty and is rationalizing what she did so as not to feel like a bad person? She did tell me she still wants to talk and build a solid friend foundation and as far as I’m aware I’m the only guy she talks to regularly....i even get the feeling she was talking to me more than him.

DrReplyInRhymes
Then why did she tell me she was in a loving and loyal relationship???? Is it perhaps she feels guilty and is rationalizing what she did so as not to feel like a bad person? She did tell me she still wants to talk and build a solid friend foundation and as far as I’m aware I’m the only guy she talks to regularly....i even get the feeling she was talking to me more than him.

I'd copy and paste my post again as I feel I answered a possibility,

However I have no idea what she wants beyond a bunch of plausibility,

Become her friend, or do not, it's really all up to you,

However, one way to find out would be to just ask her too!

hey there One Romeo...to add to the mix of voices already here ...I also think "avoid...avoid".....if she is interested in you and is serious in wanting to be with you she will drop the boyfriend and make it happen that she can be with you properly.

don't fall into the exhausting and emotionally heart bruising terap of thinking that she likes you enough.

she may be torn, she may flirt with real heat, she may wish you were with her instead of him....but the bottom line is she isn't with anyone else but him.

she goes home to him (even if they don't live together), she shops with him, he knows a lot of stuff that she likes and her him....she is probably flattered by your affections for her and is enjoying the additional attention.

you don't have to be sharp with her, just be thankful that you know she is with someone else and don't allow her to get her hooks into your skin (id say the same if she was a guy and you a girl). just use the fact that you do know as a blessing that you should steer away from.

no one is forcing her to stay and if they are then even more avoid her!!!! if she is the one for you (it needs to be because she has done what she needs to do to be with you in a kind fair way...if she cant do that ...then that is another sign that isn't good.

ok, good luck, but it sounds like you've already done the smart thing in all of this anyway. maxi. it may of course be that she just likes you and you are different for her than the girls she always hangs round, you are giving her a guys view on things and it might be that she just likes a break from all that kind of stuff she talks with them...who knows....maybe you should ask her if she likes you and get it out there so you can be around her without the feelings building or getting mixed messages from you to her or her to you....

just remember that although...you may listed here as our l/s/romeo...im not sure she is putting herself up as a suitable Juliette for you...haha..well come on...someone had to deliver the news...lol......

best wishes...maxi.