Wow so exactly 4 years ago I got to this forum because of a heartbreak - it was a guy I emailed constantly for a month and went on only 2 but very long (8 hours each) dates: https://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/483648-over-he-stopped-calling

Now he's adding me on social media! How the heck he even remembers me, and just to note now he's married with a baby (the reason he dumped me was he started dating in the same time as me his now wife)!

Not asking for any advice because it doesn't matter but I'm just curious what may trigger you suddenly checking on someone after so long??

Happy Lemming

Maybe he is bored...

Perhaps he started "surfing" on the internet and thought he would search out previous people he dated. It does seem a little weird to do a search on someone you only had 2 dates with, though.

Maybe its like when people go to High School reunions... I guess they are curious how each other turned out??

Personally, I neither search out old dates/girlfriends nor do I go to class reunions.

Just a thought...

Not asking for any advice because it doesn't matter but I'm just curious what may trigger you suddenly checking on someone after so long??

well NG, you made some type of impression on him. he probably wants to be friends or find out what you're up to. he may be unhappy in his current situation?

whatever the reason you need to decline his request.

Almost any motivation one could assign him should be a "no go" for you...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author

So I’m guessing he was just curious because he was reading my linkedin (I get a report) but didn’t message or anything.

In any case- that’s deep past for me, although I admit he left impression. He poured his life in multiple pages of emails although it didn’t work out it was a very interesting experience.

Well back to the present, this doesn’t belong to it:)