CrazyKatLady

I am not currently seeking a relationship. I am happy alone and I realize that I just want to spend the next few years raising my son and enjoying our family time together. But, after this site closed down for a bit, I signed up for POF to use the forums (which I was not very happy with, mainly because I enjoy everyone on this site). I recently looked at some of the over 500 pics in my box and I am a bit embarrassed to say it, but Lord have mercy, there is 1 member on that site whose looks just floored me. I still don't want to talk to anyone romantically, besides he looks out of my league, but has anyone else ever experienced that strong of a pull just by looking at a pic? I'm not stalkerish, or obsessing, but I am shocked at how much of a reaction it got from me...I generally look at people from the inside-out and tend to run from "hot" guys when dating...but Lord, I think I need to let that man know he is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen...and then be done with it. Anyone else ever felt compelled to compliment someone online simply because of their beauty?

• Author
CrazyKatLady

p.s. cooper, if you ever get on this site, you are a beautiful male specimen. there. I said it.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Anyone else ever felt compelled to compliment someone online simply because of their beauty?

Yes, I've done this :). With women, too. I just told a stranger on Facebook the other day how beautiful she is lol. (We are in a peri-menopause group together....it's not like I just saw her out of the blue).

Lots of my POF Messages go to women I don't expect to meet. (Fewer now than when I was a newbie - getting jaded I guess.) These messages are, as you say, simply compliments. Either the woman is gorgeous, her profile shines with personality, or both. Most respond with a 'thank you'.

• Like 1
  • Author
CrazyKatLady

Glad to know. I never messaged him. No point in paying to message 1 guy, but I can tell you this much...I can now say, "I have lived!" Haha. That was one Damn good looking man...ok. And that is the end of that for me. Lol.

Thing is , none of it means anything, not a damn thing mostly . Most of the girls l met were pick of the crop and had really unique personalities and traits too buttttt, they're mostly all still on there , some of them for years , and on 3 or 4 other sites too.

When l met them l wasn't interested in one of them, not one.

Pictures and messages mean and come to nothing male or female for 95% of people on date sites in the end. Nothing means he's gonna go for her or she's gonna go for him in RL.

Edited by Chilli