Is she settling for me? Hypothetical cheating

GenevieveRose

If your significant other said that they'd probably leave you if they made it into NBA, because there's too much attention from other women around, how would you feel? Yes the situation is hypothetical but it's like "what am I not enough?"Just want to clarify that the situation is hypothetical because we are both women, so she definitely wouldn't be in NBA. Wouldn't a person that claims to love you, do everything in their power to not hurt you? Am I overreacting or do I have the right to be upset? My significant other sees no problem with this statement and I fon't know what to do.

Edited by GenevieveRose
PegNosePete

Yes basically she's saying that if a better option came along then you would be dust in her rear view mirror.

Not exactly the words of a committed partner.

A committed partner would say "honey, no matter how much attention other women show, I would reject them all because I am committed to you".

• Like 1

It's all a moot point because it's never going to happen.

Has she given you any other reason to make you feel that you're not enough?

• Author
GenevieveRose

I know that it will never happen but her response pretty much tells me that I'm not that special to her. I even tried saying "Maybe I'm not the right person for you. Would you say something like this to the right person?" Her reply was "probably". I guess this means she doesn't even consider me to be the right person for her.