V-Day Positivity

Since it's Valentine's day and we should all be celebrating love, let's take a break from our relationship and dating problems and put some positive energy out there!

Post your success or positive relationship stories out there! Did you have a fling or relationship that left you feeling positive even though it ended? Or describe your how positive your current relationship makes you feel!

Mine would be a woman I dated a few years back for six months that was a great positive influence on me. We enjoyed our time together, did a lot of outdoor activities that I had never shared with a partner before, like backpacking in the wilderness. Her family were a great group of positive people that I enjoyed spending time with, as mine were with her, so much so that my sister still collaborates with her on business projects. At the end we just realised we weren't right for each other, but left our relationship knowing it had been a positive one that had been of benefit to both of our lives.

• Like 5

I dated a man briefly while in the process of my divorce. He is a very kind man with a very big heart. It did not end well due to some underlying issues, but while I was with him he showed me how I should be treated. He made me feel special, like I am a wonderful woman who deserves to be treated with respect, kindness and love.

Although it didn't work out with him, I thank him for making me feel valued while we were together. Now I know I won't settle for less because of him.

So we met here, back in the days when I didn't really think I was missing a whole lot being alone. We started talking and before I knew it I couldn't stop. We would stay up till 1-2 in the morning just talking about everything. Like 2 puzzle pieces that were meant to fit together. :)

I was lucky enough to be able to pursue it into real life and being with her, sharing a life together has been the most incredible and satisfying experience of my life. Her warmth, the incredible goodness she's capable of, she still surprises me to this day. We've had 623 together so far and that's not nearly enough for me. Just getting started. I want to look into her eyes and serenade her, I want us to be the old couple that hobbles around the park holding hands 25 years from now. Because my days wouldn't be the same without her in them.

I might be a bit of a feral child and not express myself perfectly all the time but I do hope she knows how much I love her. :love:

• Like 2
What_Did_I_Do

I briefly dated a lawyer who was so incredibly funny. He constantly made me laugh. I truly appreciated our conversations and looked forward to them.

Unfortunately we didn't work out but that's ok. Thinking about the things he said still makes me smile.

I used to hate Valentine's Day until I met my husband. It's still not my favorite day -- too cheesey, too forced, too many expectations & a set up for failure / disappointment -- but DH makes it better.

Before him my best V-day was an odd one. My male roommate & I found ourselves home, alone together & both single. We went out & bought wine & good chocolate. We came home cranked up the anti love songs, put pictures of our EXs on a dart board & had a blast dancing around our apartment.

I was engaged to a wonderful woman who hardly drank and I drank like a fish. I never got drunk. Never missed work. Never had any citations or other legal problems. We never were abusive to each other in any way. We had fun. We were always there for each other. She was beautiful and intelligent. She exuded kindness and centeredness. Everyone thought we were the perfect couple. Hell, we pretty much were. She discovered that I had drunk a beer for breakfast one morning. That type of drinking was just too concerning to her. She asked me if I'd be willing to stop. I was willing not to drink in the mornings but I was not willing to give up alcohol entirely. I chose the bottle instead of her. We still love each other (platonically), but she married another very nice man who is not an alcoholic like me. They seem happy.