Messaging a past fling

Hi!

So when I had been dating my current partner for 2 months and we just went 'facebook' official. The girl he had a fling with before me messaged him.

My issue is I didn't find out about these messages until 6 months later when I discovered them on his emails. I was hurt by it and he let me read them.

Basically just after we went official she messaged him out of the blue (haven't spoken for over a year) and asked him how he was and asked him questions about his mums job as she wanted to know so she could apply.

I was really suspicious about this as it was so close to us being official that I thought she might be prying - he said he doesn't think she was as the messages weren't flirty at all it was literally asking questions about the job and asking him how he was and then he said good luck to her for finding a job and then the messages ended and they never spoke since.

He didn't tell me about her contacting him - not because he had anything to hide or wanted to keep them from me he basically said that he received the messages at work and answered them and by the time he's gone home he's practically forgotten about them because they were just really insignificant and he didn't think to tell me because it wasn't a big deal. He said if she had flirted with him and stuff he would have told me - he just didn't because it wasn't important.

Obviously when I found out a lot later I took it quite bad until he explained - I still think she may have prying and even though no flirting went on I still feel a bit hurt by it? He said if she ever tried to talk to him again which she hasn't he would let me know straight away.

His fling with her was only a month long and no feelings were involved it was just casual - he says he only ever really liked her as a friend with benefits and they were never like romantic or coupley it was all very casual with no attachment involved.

Would you worry about this? Sometimes I find it hard to let go of it cause I think she had other intentions with it being so close to us going official I think she was trying to see if she had a chance - obviously with his responses and the fact he never wrote back after her last message it was clear that she didn't.

Based on your post, no, you should not worry. Their exchange was friendly and benign. There hasn't been further contact....you seem to be dredging up something old to nitpick...why?

Even if she was 'prying,' it's a done issue. She has not pursued further contact and neither has your bf.

Let it go.