a question for men

shanniaiysha

if you planned a lads holiday before you met your new parnter would you change it from a lads hoilday to take your girlfriend as well as going with the lads?:confused:

• Like 1
T-16bullseyeWompRat
if you planned a lads holiday before you met your new parnter would you change it from a lads hoilday to take your girlfriend as well as going with the lads?:confused:

No. Its a lads holiday. You ladies can have your own holiday too, and no we dont want to go.

• Like 3
The_Dork_Lard

lol NO, never.

• Like 1

No, we're going to booze and fool around, not something our ladies want to witness. You girls can have fun between you differently.

I'd keep my original plans.

Actually, this happened with the lady I married, except in the reverse, where we had started dating, had been dating about a month and she had a BD deal for herself set up with her girlfriends up in San Francisco. I wished her well and they had a great time, including some nice male dancer revues. The lady who put the deal together, her best friend, later became a very close friend of mine after we got married.

A lot of life went under the bridge between then and now and my dear friend is now dead but I'd not change a thing. IMO, send your guy on his way and wish him well. He'll be back.

Assuming it's a relationship that I see as being serious then I would, but that's just me.

But she had better be ready to party right along w/ the guys.

My friends aren't gender prejudiced but they don't make any changes for it either.

She needs to have a little idea what to expect and had better be easy going and thick skinned too.

I've always seen it as a proving ground for our future together really. (and, oh, the stories I could tell if the statute of limitations had all expired!) :laugh::eek::sick:

• Like 1

Resounding No from the boys at work here.

Some have been happily married for years and still go on lads holidays and their wives go off with the girls... Those who are single have dumped past girlfriends for kicking up a fuss about it in the past.

For what its worth they rarely go off with other women on these holidays even when they are single. They just hang out and mess about with the guys and have guy time.

From my personal point of view I would not want to go on a lads holiday and would prefer to do something with my friends instead.

I don't even have to ask my husband. I know it would be a NO from him.

I wouldn't expect anything else.

I've never heard of men doing this, he would be in trouble with his mates if he did.

The same way that a woman wouldn't take her new boyfriend either on a girls' holiday.

Assuming it's a relationship that I see as being serious then I would, but that's just me.

But she had better be ready to party right along w/ the guys.

My friends aren't gender prejudiced but they don't make any changes for it either.

She needs to have a little idea what to expect and had better be easy going and thick skinned too.

I've always seen it as a proving ground for our future together really. (and, oh, the stories I could tell if the statute of limitations had all expired!) :laugh::eek::sick:

After doing this, do you still get lads' holidays invites? I'd expect them to dry up.

Nope, not a chance.

Ditto here....

and make sure you don't spend the whole holiday texting her, that would be suffocating.

• Like 1
hippychick3

As a woman, I would never expect to be invited on a guys trip that only included guys. Otherwise it would be a couples trip.

After doing this, do you still get lads' holidays invites? I'd expect them to dry up.

:D Yeah, still get invited occasionally.

The bigger problem is some friends have died, some gone to prison, and the rest of us are just getting older and slowing down so that kind of changes the dynamics a bit.

Besides, my knees are so bad now that when I get drunk and fall down I need a woman along to help me get back up. LOL

I know my buddies aren't going to be much help!

• Like 4
:D Yeah, still get invited occasionally.

The bigger problem is some friends have died, some gone to prison, and the rest of us are just getting older and slowing down so that kind of changes the dynamics a bit.

Besides, my knees are so bad now that when I get drunk and fall down I need a woman along to help me get back up. LOL

Hah yes, 'lads' are only good for certain things.

As for the getting older bit: we all are too in my circle and I get invites to shooting trips for example as the only female. I think the guys only thing perhaps wears off after a while. I haven't been on any single sex trip for a fair few years now.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

A guys only trip? No way, that would not be cool.

If it was already a mixed sex group, then maybe, but I'd have to be pretty confident in that relationship if it was early in. The last thing you want to do is invite someone brand new along, and have it blow up and ruin the trip for everyone.

T-16bullseyeWompRat
I've never heard of men doing this, he would be in trouble with his mates if he did

This right here! If i planned a guys trip, and last second one of them brought their girl... I would pull him aside and be like "WTF MAN!" I would be pissed!

T-16bullseyeWompRat

If you are in no danger, of course we wouldnt help! Cause it would be hilarious! Thats part of the fun of a guys trip. We would remember it fondly for years and reminisce over it all the time. "Lol remeber that time seamos was chit faced and fell over? Ahahahahah that was a good night!"

• Like 2

It depends, how long have you two been together?

Also Was it agreed to be an exclusive dating relationship?

If you two are living together, married or dating exclusively, IMO, Lad and Lassie Holidays are the breeding grounds for affairs.

To fail to recognize that makes people vulnerable to having an affair or being blindsided by one, in my opinion and in my experience.

Particularly if your boyfriend is the type the other women are likely to be attracted to.

Since my Affair, my wife and I only have couples outings. It's just as much fun, IMO. Affairs are all about boundaries and opportunity.

No opportunity.....no chance to be hit on by someone

Strong boundaries.....no chance to be hit on by someone.

A lads vacation is a serious lack of a boundary, IMO.

With that said, if he already paid for the vacation and you two are only dating a short time, I think it might be a bit too controlling early on in the relationship to start dictating boundaries.

Bringing you along is something that depends on the type of guys your BF hangs out with. Some will be okay with it, others annoyed.

Edited by Liam1
RecentChange

I am not a lad, but I would never ask that a guys trip be changed to include me!

First, I know that is a great way to have all of my dude's friends hate his new GF.

It's gonna get my guy kicked out of the boys club.

And I would never want to be that annoying GF whining whhhhhhhy can't I go!?

lana-banana

Absolutely not. You should be dating for at least six months before you start planning vacations together. Going on vacation with a brand-new partner is an awful idea; changing a long-planned trip with all your friends to accommodate a brand-new partner is even worse.