Flystar357

Good evening all, I am a 33 year old man who is recently separated and soon to be divorced. One day my wife said she didn't want to be married and she left. Now here is the situation, I've decided to move from Virginia to Texas to be with my family ( being I have none here ) we have no children and we have both signed a contract for her vehicle and I have no problem with keeping my name on the contract because otherwise she couldn't qualify. Now the problem is out dog, he's in my care and I am the only one who makes enough money to care for him properly. She loves the dog she loves to play with him and so forth. I feel guilty for wanting to move out of state with him because she won't be able to see him anymore unless I come back to visit. I want this to be easy for all involved including the dog but leaving him with her he will not get the care and attention he needs. She was the one who decided to leave and leave him with me because where she is loving now she can't have a dog. So my question is what should I do, I know he will be better off with me but I don't want to make it difficult for her or him, am I wrong for feeling guilty ?

• Like 1
Confused9999

You are kidding?

She left you and gave little reason and you are worried about whether it's right to deprive her of seeing her dog on occasion? Move and do what is right for you!!!

• Like 3

what do you care if she doesn't have to dog to play with? She took off & left you standing..... H$#% with her.... take the dog and whatever else you heart desires. She deserves nothing.

She left you and left the dog. She is not capable of caring for the dog. You have made the decision to move to be closer to your family, but you're wondering if this decision to move is okay or not just in case the woman that left you might want to visit the dog she left with you?

Come on guy, pull yourself together.

She probably won't even visit the dog anyway, and if she asked to, you should say no. You need to go total NC and move on. Go back to your family, take the dog, and stop worrying about silly things like this.

Edited by almond
Good evening all, I am a 33 year old man who is recently separated and soon to be divorced. One day my wife said she didn't want to be married and she left. Now here is the situation, I've decided to move from Virginia to Texas to be with my family ( being I have none here ) we have no children and we have both signed a contract for her vehicle and I have no problem with keeping my name on the contract because otherwise she couldn't qualify. Now the problem is out dog, he's in my care and I am the only one who makes enough money to care for him properly. She loves the dog she loves to play with him and so forth. I feel guilty for wanting to move out of state with him because she won't be able to see him anymore unless I come back to visit. I want this to be easy for all involved including the dog but leaving him with her he will not get the care and attention he needs. She was the one who decided to leave and leave him with me because where she is loving now she can't have a dog. So my question is what should I do, I know he will be better off with me but I don't want to make it difficult for her or him, am I wrong for feeling guilty ?

Flystar:

No. You have no reason to feel guilty, IMO. She left you and abandoned the dog.

If she really cared about the dog, she could have found an apartment that allows dogs.

Also, if she does not have the money to properly care for the dog, the dog is better off with you.

You can visit, if you are comfortable with that, or she can visit you, if that is okay, to see the dog.

In any case, the dog is better off with you.