Has anyone ever had bad experiences meeting your boyfriends friends?

My ex had a lot of friends, most of them I got along with, but his oldest friend (and one I had also known before we got together) was very bigoted, racist, homophobic. He was very conservative and we just never got along. At all. He repeatedly asked my ex why he was dating me (which thankfully my ex defended me on)

My ex was reluctant to sever ties with him and I just made sure I didn't socialize with him unless it was a special occasion.

Nikki Sahagin

YES. Oh good god yes.

One of my partners...all his friends were guybros...all drinkers, drug takers, big mamma's boys, lazy, misogynistic, sexist, stupid, selfish, dirty...honestly they were awful. It was like watching a load of toddlers on alcohol. They lived in such a mess and never did anything productive but chase after women 10-15 years younger than them. A lot of them had kids they never saw and ex girlfriends they had f-ed over.

It really put me off my partner because he said he wasn't like that but I said, 'how can you have nothing in common with these people and yet be friends with them? You have to be SLIGHTLY like them'

My ex's best friend I did not like. I can tell people when I will not get along. Some it takes me a while. Others it takes me a while because I try to get to know people. He was a bachelor type and did not treat women right.

It was very awkward when I met DH's childhood friends. They were socially awkward geeks. Normally I can talk to anybody & I have a knack for putting people at ease but these guys. . . oh boy. DH opined that I was probably one of the few straight women they had ever spoken to. His sister told me when they'd see her, they would run away.

We actually haven't seen them in years. They cut ties with DH before our wedding. When they got the invitation to our black tie event, they decided that DH was no longer somebody they could related to. I feel bad for DH that they were so unwilling to even try.

Oh yes. My college BF had a woman friend who put me down. I didn't like going out with them. It wasn't until she 'accidentally' punched me in the face that the double dates stopped.

Yes, and I try to meet a man's friends early. If he has no friends or his best ones are people you don't like, you probably aren't compatible.