Roommate is rarely at our apartment

My roommate is rarely at the apartment. We do have different schedules, but sometimes he won't even come back to the apartment. Sometimes I won't even see him for a week.

Is this normal?

Yes! He is a roommate and pays his rent. He can come and go as he pleases. This is why he doesn't live with his parents so he can do as he likes. Why aren't you out having a good time?

• Like 1

Yes, it's normal. You're not his parent, you're not in a relationship, you simply share a living space.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes! He is a roommate and pays his rent. He can come and go as he pleases. This is why he doesn't live with his parents so he can do as he likes. Why aren't you out having a good time?

haha. I'm just curious. It's been 3 days and I'm just a bit homesick, so having a huge apartment to myself is a bit lonely at times :lmao:

For having a roommate that sounds ideal! If only others could be so lucky! They pay their rent and utilities but are never around. :)

• Like 1
acrosstheuniverse

Yep normal. It's a financial agreement not a relationship. Use this time to get out and meet new people!