What is your attachment style?

itspointless shared an awesome link to an evaluation tool that aims at assessing your strengths and weaknesses in a relationship:

Attachment Styles and Close Relationships

Please take the test and share your results. I encourage you to take the test twice: first time imagining you are still in your recent relationship, second time the way you are feeling right now. Have your results changed?

Here is a link to a more detailed explanation of your results:

How Your Attachment Style Impacts Your Relationship | Psychology Today

• Author

My assessment during the relationship:

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

My assessment now after the breakup:

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

The difference in assessment is reflected in my bitterness. :(