Who is my future husband going to be?

I am 18, a freshmen in college, single and talk to several guys during my breaks at school and we text a lot. Can one of these guys be my future husband? I have a strong feeling my future husband is going to any of these guys that I am talking to right now. Can this be true?

There is no way of telling yet. You need to get some experience and grow into adulthood, before you know what you want, and need in a husband. As you get older, many things in your life with make you change direction....the future is never clear, which is the fun part of getting life experience. Who knows you may meet your husband at your job, or on vacation or through a close friend.....

When I was in college I thought I met my future husband, we dated for 5 years before it ended. Two years later I met my husband at a club I worked at....who knew?

Possible, but I doubt it. Your tastes and expectations for your men will change as you get older. The women I find attractive now are not the women I found attractive when I was a freshman in college because I am not the same person I was then. Right now, a guy who plays good hacky sack on the campus lawn might be all it takes to win your attention. But in 10 years, you'll demand a guy that has at least his own place, a job and nice clothes before you'll consider him 'marriage material'. Most guys in college are not that yet.

Edited by oberkeat
  • Like 1

Like someone else already said, that's an impossible question to answer.

But you're 18! Be 18! Enjoy your freedom and your youth while you have it.

For goodness sakes! Relationships really aren't all that hard to get into. That's cake. Going back to being young and having your freedom...not so much. We can't go back into time and relive the moments. So for now just date and have fun...unless you feel like you're meant to marry and have children at a young age...

I still say, take. your. time.

• Like 1
I am 18, a freshmen in college, single and talk to several guys during my breaks at school and we text a lot. Can one of these guys be my future husband? I have a strong feeling my future husband is going to any of these guys that I am talking to right now. Can this be true?

Yes, it can be true, and it would make sense if you did find your husband at college. I'd give it time though. Google the Princeton woman who advised young women to choose a husband in college- huge debate, but she made some solid points that are very true. Grad school and professional schools are demanding, the pool shrinks, and social opportunities diminish dramatically. The work world is even more constricted. You might be right. Just keep your wits about you. You're still very young.

Do you own a magic 8 ball, the children's toy? If not buy one at a garage sale & ask it. It's predictive abilities on something like this are as good as ours.

That said, it's highly unlikely although not impossible that you will meet the love of your life at the ripe old age of 18. Especially if these guys are the two in your recent posts. One put his arm around you & you couldn't tell if that meant he liked you. The other off tinder asked you to hook up & you seconded guessed your decision to turn him down.

You are young & somewhat naive. That's OK. You are supposed to be naive when you are an 18 year old college freshman. You will grow out of it. For now, slow down. Worry about who is going to take you to homecoming & your upcoming midterms. Marriage should be a long way off.

It can be true....in the sense that anything can be true...but no one can say if it WILL be.

I would not fret about this esp at your age. Let things play out organically. If you get too caught up trying to magic 8 ball whether or not these guys are your future husbands you'll be wasting a lot of head space on the unknown or feel more hurt than normal if you somehow get it in your mind that one of them is and then it doesn't turn out that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in my twenties and looking to get married one day so when I date I often do think about whether or not a man has the potential to be my husband. I don't date men seriously whom I don't see the potential with...but only time can tell if they WILL be as will be and CAN be are not the same. Several of the men I dated could have been my husband but weren't...so only time will tell where a man falls.

Now is the time to get to know a lot of guys and as you do, you will find out what you like and what works for you and doesn't work for you. Love can come at any time, but I always would recommend not marrying and especially not having kids, until you're quite a bit older and just use this time to develop yourself and discover the world. Also, please be aware that though there are exceptions, most guys you meet at this age and through college are not going to be particularly settled down and still have a lot of oats to sew, so best not getting high hopes on them at that age. They mature slower in that regard, most of them. Yes, there are exceptions. But usually guys don't really get a serious desire to marry until they're about 30 and just think it's time and rather than it being "the girl" who makes them decide, it's usually just them deciding it's time to hit that milestone. There's been a lot of great girls been left behind and then 2 years later, the guy decides it's time and grabs the next one who comes along. Get on birth control and be ready in case you do meet someone to enjoy and fall in love with, but don't be in a hurry to settle down. This is the best time of your life when you make the most friends and have the most fun, so don't get in a hurry for all that to end.

You are 18 and I don't especially want to insult you because it's not the type of person I am...may be just a little sometimes.

Take it from someone who is twice your age, and has been to university twice, as well as in workplaces on 4 different continents.

None and I mean none of those are thinking what you are currently thinking. All they see is booty, and how to smack it....and if they are really shallow, they might even film it, tell their friends about it on facebook, and the whole college will hear about it.

Focus on what you are there to do, boys will come and go, and as you change residence every year, you will find there are more hotties boys and girls.

So do yourself a favour, enjoy the time with them but demand respect whilst you are at it, and leave in 4yrs with a degree. You might decide to travel after for a year, and it's not uncommon for people to meet their future husbands and wives this way.