Now feel at peace, knowing love isn't real.

Well after several women on here stating that the man "having friends" is a prerequisite for receiving her affection, and after what I've seen online with women mandating income requirements, bachelors degrees, and specific height requirements, I now know the love I've been longing for doesn't exist anyway. What a relief.

The truth is, I can't be with someone and know in my heart she wouldn't be if not for all these superficial concerns. $40K instead of $50K, and you're unworthy. 5'8" instead of 5'10", and you're unworthy. Not enough friends, and you're a potential serial killer unfit for romance.

Now I know not every woman is like this, but most of them are to varying degrees. And even if the chemistry simply wasn't there, she'll still reinforce and rationalize dumping you via these other reasons as well .

I just feel like a weight has been lifted now that I've glimpsed the truth.

What sort of requirements do you have when it comes to the women you want to date?

I'm glad that you can sleep better now, thanks to all of us, though. :bunny:

• Like 1

Gosh, yes, how strange that a person should want to get to know you better before you can be intimate with them. Or even LIKE you.

This attitude is precisely why I took myself off OLD and left all the socially inept suitors to it.

• Like 1

I just feel like a weight has been lifted now that I've glimpsed the truth.

The truth? You're trying to fool yourself.

Eternal Sunshine

It's kind of weird that most men on LS are upset about women liking tall men and similar, yet they feel entitled to only be attracted to women that are thin or have a certain bra size. Smh.

• Like 6
  • Author
It's kind of weird that most men on LS are upset about women liking tall men and similar, yet they feel entitled to only be attracted to women that are thin or have a certain bra size. Smh.

Well said. I've been with 100lb women as well as 170lb women. Obviously in some way or another I found them to be attractive at the time. I'm not denying people need to be attracted and have a connection, but again, if love hinges on 1 or 2", or an extra $10K a year, or having a specific number of friends, I question how it can be called love at all.

I won't deny my want for financial security; unlike most though I'll achieve that through education myself. And size? I'm 5'3", and haven't met a guy smaller than me yet, so I guess I can tick that off as well on your complaints.

Big friend circles? Don't make me laugh, they'd be gone so fast in your times of need they'd run you over.

Nonetheless, there's still some shallowness to attraction I guess. The first and so far only guy I felt really strongly for was soon forgotten after he got colorful piercings. ... Okay, he became a stupid jerk and bully prior to that, but it wasn't until those piercings I cut him off entirely in my mind.

Well said. I've been with 100lb women as well as 170lb women. Obviously in some way or another I found them to be attractive at the time. I'm not denying people need to be attracted and have a connection, but again, if love hinges on 1 or 2", or an extra $10K a year, or having a specific number of friends, I question how it can be called love at all.

I've never seen a woman post those requirements on this board. Ever. They post requirements related to those things.

$40k a year doesn't mean $40k a year. It means she wants someone who has the ambition to have a career. It means she wants a partner that can afford to share nice things like a house and vacations. Not a guy who is content working as a gas station attendant and living in an apartment with his three friends from high school.

A specific number of friends? She wants a guy who has some friends. Not a guy who basis his entire happiness on a relationship. A guy who smothers her with (unwanted) attention.

1 or 2 inches? Physical attraction can admittedly be shallow. Still, everyone has standards. At first glance, I might not be attracted to the woman who weighs 140. No big deal. Some other guy probably will be attracted to her.

Frankly, the height issue notwithstanding, these things you're mentioning are things you should be striving for irrespective of relationships.

• Like 3

Sounds like you're interpreting individual preferences for immutable requirements.

No one is entirely certain of what they want. Preferences fluctuate over time and in the presence of other traits. What we felt a strong desire for one day may evaporate the next. What once we never thought we would feel a strong attraction to suddenly excites us in ways never imagined.

Preferences fall across a spectrum that no one has the self-awareness, let alone the time or will, to fully assess. What's the point? Even if we did have the ability to gaze within ourselves to gain a fully accurate picture, the act of observing affects the observed while time itself shifts the frame. We go with only the glimpse of the nearest snapshot.

You're taking the preferences these women are presenting far, far too seriously.

How strange. The men I've dated range from 5'6 to 5'9, the whole lot of us have always been poor, and the number of friends a man has is so irrelevant I'm surprised it was actually mentioned in the original post.

But my opinion isn't relevant either. I don't fit into that narrow, negative little bubble of how you view women to be, therefore I don't actually exist or matter.

How fun!

• Like 4

I get where you're coming from... it's more of an indictment of OLD in my mind... in the real world you're typically not going to have a string of stats thrown in your face as you interact with women.