LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Are interracial relationships like this generally rare across the USA?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Established Member

Are interracial relationships like this generally rare across the USA?

Are interracial relationships that involve white women with men that aren't black or white generally rare or unheard of across the US?

I ask because I am an indian guy dating a white girl and people let us know that we are an out of the norm kind of couple while my black friends who date white girls do not receive that similar issue. Just looking around in my area I do not see any latinos (non-white), asians, middle eastern, or indian guys with white girls at all. My girlfriend and I are the only kind of couple and people do let us know of that!

Even in a lot of big cities I hear about how it is rare to find men from either of those backgrounds with girls that are white. The reason I care is because I have received a lot of issues for dating a girl that is white and I was wondering if that is one of the reasons as to why I am receiving so much curiosity (both the good and bad kind).
Ian Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Established Member

What state are you in?

It is as normal as any other interracial couple dating and I doubt people care one way or the other. Maybe you two get stared at because you both are good looking. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it doesn't bother her don't let it bother you. Just have fun with the girl you love and ignore those people.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 1:16 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
What state are you in?

It is as normal as any other interracial couple dating and I doubt people care one way or the other. Maybe you two get stared at because you both are good looking. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it doesn't bother her don't let it bother you. Just have fun with the girl you love and ignore those people.
well the problem is some of those people are aggressive and go out of their way to harass us.
Old 21st July 2014, 1:28 PM   #4

Black males are still the most common choice for white girls who want to date inter-racially, that's because people like to conform. Same with white guys, if they do date inter-racially it's with Asian women. Again, the need to conform. But people are slowly beginning to look outside the box.
Eddy Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 1:58 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Street View Post
Black males are still the most common choice for white girls who want to date inter-racially, that's because people like to conform. Same with white guys, if they do date inter-racially it's with Asian women. Again, the need to conform. But people are slowly beginning to look outside the box.
Disagree, white men date latinas just as much as asian women.

And I am sure that there are areas of the US where white women dating men that aren't black or white is common so I would like to hear of those areas.
Old 21st July 2014, 2:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Fleming View Post
Disagree, white men date latinas just as much as asian women.

And I am sure that there are areas of the US where white women dating men that aren't black or white is common so I would like to hear of those areas.
It's simple:

Major cities, most of the West Coast, Northeast and big college towns = all bets are off. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Any other place? Yeah....good luck. You'll have the Westboro Baptist Church and Tea Party protesting your dates.
RonaldS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 2:45 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldS View Post
It's simple:

Major cities, most of the West Coast, Northeast and big college towns = all bets are off. Nobody cares about that stuff.

Any other place? Yeah....good luck. You'll have the Westboro Baptist Church and Tea Party protesting your dates.
I've heard that in California, it is common to see latinas date white guys but almost unheard of to see latinos with white girls, how true is this?
Old 21st July 2014, 2:48 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
I've heard that in California, it is common to see latinas date white guys but almost unheard of to see latinos with white girls, how true is this?
It's not true in my part of the world. I see Latino - white woman relationships all the time. It's at least as common as Latina - white man combinations.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 2:52 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
White girl living in California married to a Latino here! We exist! No one comments on it or even stares. I've never even thought of it as that unusual.
carrie_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 3:03 PM   #10
Established Member

Carrie, is your boyfriend a white guy with a spanish sounding name or does he actually look latino like wilmer valderrama for example?

I get told I look latino quite a bit and was hoping I could move to the area you guys are at so my girlfriend and I do not face as many issues.
Old 21st July 2014, 3:08 PM   #11
Established Member

He looks Latino.

We are a few hours from the border, surrounded by military bases, universities, and million dollar houses. There is a lot of diversity by me.
Old 21st July 2014, 3:11 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie_o View Post
He looks Latino.

We are a few hours from the border, surrounded by military bases, universities, and million dollar houses. There is a lot of diversity by me.
Nice. So are couples like you and your boyfriend just common near the border areas or do they happen in other parts of California too like say Los Angeles for example?
Old 21st July 2014, 3:18 PM   #13
Established Member

We actually just moved to the state so I'm not sure about Los Angeles. I'm not sure if right near the border is where you want to be either. I'd bet the area between San Diego and Los Angeles would be best for you.
Old 21st July 2014, 3:19 PM   #14
Established Member

The climate is also best there too
Old 21st July 2014, 5:25 PM   #15
Established Member

I live in the midwest, and we just don't see a lot of Indian people, period. Not that they don't exist. One of the girls that rode my bus in high school was Indian, and I think she dated mostly black guys. She was absolutely gorgeous, and I don't think anyone thought about it. I lived in a much bigger city then. In the large small town that I live in now, most Indians are doctors. The first-generation Indians generally have wives from India, but their kids seem to date whomever (from necessity - there just aren't many other Indians for them to date!).

I think it would seem unusual to meet a first-generation Indian guy with a white girl, but someone without an accent probably wouldn't have many issues with it. The more culturally Indian he was, the more he would have issues, I would guess. There's nothing wrong with being from a different culture, but yes, in strongly conservative areas, the more you stick out, the more trouble you'll have.

Btw, living relatively close to Westboro, they protest frequently in our area. We all hate them, too. Even the conservatives.
compulsivedancer is offline   Reply With Quote