The first Christmas gift you gave/received from your SO's

Hey everyone..

I was just wondering what you bought your SO's for the first Christmas that you were together (as a couple).

I know it's a pretty long time until Christmas, but I'm already starting to plan what to get my BF :o ... and this got me curious about what everyone here had bought (or for that matter, what you received!)

Maybe I'll be able to get some great ideas! ;)

~BurningBright :p

Well, I don't think this will be of much help, but I thought I might share it with you.

I got my ex bf a nice shirt (not too significant or thoughtful) and also a little plush tiger. He would always say that he wanted to own a real tiger one day and I gave him one even if it was stuffed with cotton! I'm sure it's in a dumpster somewhere in California now!

He gave me a perfume that from then on has become my favorite.

I bought him a winter coat. I usually buy some cloth. Love to see him wearing it. This year I am thinking to get some entertainment tickets. I have time to think. :laugh:

• Author
I think it depends how long you have been dating, how serious you are..how old (reflects the seroiusness of the relationship I think...)...

Oh for sure! I was just hoping to hear from everyone here, and possibly "tweak" the ideas a little bit to fit them into our relationship.

I got my ex bf a nice shirt

I bought him a winter coat. I usually buy some cloth. Love to see him wearing it.

hmmmm, clothes could work! I know he was wanting to make a certain T-Shirt for himself, so maybe I'll make it for him.

Thanks everyone, keep you're stories coming!!!

was very romantic (we're still together by the way)

He loves coffee, so I bought him a coffee-scented candle.

I also got him underwear because he said he needed it and it's kind of a girlfriend-y thing to buy.

I got him a sweater.....also a very girlfriend-y thing to buy.

I bought him bedroom slippers, which he wore to pieces.

And because he loves motorcycles, I bought him a big calender with pictures of motorcycles.

That was the first Xmas. We didnt do anything big or expensive because we'd only been dating about 4 months. But it was still very romantic.

We had been dating for almost 5 months and I bought a picture--hard to describe but it was almost like a child's drawing with a poem on it talking about how amazing life is. Here go here--easier than explaining http://www.storypeople.com

And she asked me what I wanted and I asked for a photo of her--she is photo shy and says she does not take them well, but i Beg to differ. She cried because no one had ever asked for her picture and she went to one of those photo stores in the mall (not the floofy ones but the ones you might take your kids to) and had one done and I love it! Probably the best gift I have ever got!

Aww soccorsilly,

That is a nice story.

Last xmas was my current bf's and mine first one together. We met last August. We live 80 miles away from one another and only get to see each other every few weeks.

He came down to a work's xmas dinner that I had invited him to at the last minute. (I didn't think he'd want to mix with my work crowd, lol, never having met them, but he was up for it). We had a nice dinner, my colleagues were very curious as I hadn't mentioned him at all up till a few days before, (I like to keep my private life private, and they knew I'd split up with my hubby two years before).

We didn't actually get each other anything for xmas, it was enough just to be together, but I had managed to get us a cottage to stay in that night, and I'd dressed very sexy for him, all in black velvet, right down to my underwear with stockings and sussies, and he loved it. He took me right in front of the woodburner on the rug, and that night was the first time he told me he loved me. :love::love: It was magical. Aaaaaaaah. We're still together, and we still say "I love you" a lot to each other, but I'll never forget that night.

• Author

Wow, these are such great ideas!!! It's great to hear that romance is still expressed at Christmas, and not just once a year on Valentines day. Keep up the good work everyone!! Romance needs to be kept alive all year long!! :love:

I think I'll actually be able to use most of the ideas everyone has posted already... Nice clothing, something special that he has always wanted, a photo, and romantic night of love making! Ahh, thanks everyone!!

Keep posting!! I would love to make this a Christmas he won't ever forget!!!

i got my bf a bunch of things...both of our bdays are close to christmas and we splurged on the bdays more with a car stereo he got for me and I got him a dvd player. For christmas I got him a tshirt, his fav chocolates, a wallet (chopper one) and chopper to put with his collection, and Simpsons box set on dvd

He got me a cd I had mention i wanted soo long ago and i was soo surprised he rememebred, also he got me those glow stars u put on ceilings cause i told him one day i love stars...and some of my fav chocolates

Originally posted by soccorsilly

what the hell is a sussie? (typo? :eek: )

Lol, sorry, sussies, short for suspenders, not sure what you US people call 'em. Poss garterbelt? Not sure.

Not to hijack, but what is it with couples that think they need to spend a fortune on eachother for gifts?

I recall a friend of mine who was dating this girl for about 2 maybe 3 months when Christmas rolled around. He spent what I thought was a considerable amount, especially since they hadn't been together long. He was going to spend less, but thought more was better.

Honestly, a cd I wanted, or a sweatshirt that I liked is enough (I wouldn't complain if I got both) to make me happy. Are these people that need to buy 10 different things too materialistic, or are they trying to buy themselves into the relationship?

My BF was renovating his house at the time and the only really nice room was the bedroom.

So he filled his bedroom with white Xmas lights, bought two enormous pillows for the floor (had had hardly any furniture) and got a big ass bottle of wine.

You can have such a romantic time without spending tons of money!

We ate fried chicken out of a KFC bucket and drank our cheap wine and burned the coffee candle and it was one the best nights of my life!!!

• Author
Not to hijack, but what is it with couples that think they need to spend a fortune on each other for gifts?

Oh trust me, I won't be spending a fortune. I am a student. Most students are broke like me. lol I have actually come up with a few ideas from these postings that I will be able to make. (Ie/ design a t-shirt, make a photo frame, etc.)

I know the type of couples you are referring to however, and yes, if I had a ton of money I would love to shower my BF with gifts, yet I still truly believe simple (and most of the time cheap, even hand made) gifts are the best and most thoughtful/special to receive.

Luckily I have a very sweet and amazing BF, and I know he will love anything I get him (no matter what the value is). He understands that I am a student, and that I don't have a lot of money. Hell, I think if I just even rented a movie and hung Christmas lights up (Thanks for the idea btw Karlise13) and cuddled all night, he would be as just as happy compared to if I bought him a new car (well almost as happy :p )

Hey, are there any other people out there who didn't have much money at Christmas and thought of something really special and neat for their partners?

BurningBright - the funny thing with spending a lot of money, is that a lot of them aren't loaded, but still feel like they need to spend a lot to "impress"their SO, or whatever. I'm a student too, I work but I'm not rich and I know where you are comming from.

Thats great that he would be just as happy with a movie and christmas lights, I am the same way. Sure, who doesn't like gifts, but I try not to obsess with being materialistic. IMO having an especially great time is far better than any materialistic gift.

So, with that in mind, maybe you should think of something that would make the day more fun for the two of you as well. Do something you usually don't do. I love laughing so if my gf (if I had one) had whatever planned and we had a great pee your pants laughing time, I couldn't hope for anything better. Try to make the day fun and you can't go wrong.

Good Luck

My boyfriend and I have been going out for almost 7 months. Haven't even made it too Christmas yet! Have to think what to get him...

Our birthdays are at the end of the year too. His is in November and mine is in December. I already know what he is getting me. It's pretty expensive. Guess I will have to spoil him too. It will be worth it to see how happy he will be when he gets his pressie. Or presents is what I should say! :love::D.

First x-mas I bought my EXGF a silver necklace and a bear from build-a-bear and put the necklace around the bear with a scarf she wanted. As said above - it's all probobly in the trash somewhere.