is he drinking too much?

my boyfriend drinks alot or so i think he does. this has been a sore issue for us both for a while now. during the week he has a glass of wine almost every night then on the weekend he has about 3 beers then the during the week again he has about five glasses of wine again then t he next weekend he has about five beers. then the routine repeats itself again and again. do you think he is drinking too much?

he does change his personality from the drinking but i do not like the drinking all the time. i think he has a drinking problem but is not an alcoholic. my counselor says that it sounds like him and i blame each other too much and that we need to compromise instead.

she said that if it a problem for one of us then it is a problem for both of us. he thinks that i am trying to take away his pleasures in life by nagging about his drinking when the truth is i just do not like it all the time, day in and day out all though only a glass of wine the fact remains that it is every single night!

If he stops at one glass per night and three beers on the weekend, I don't think it's a problem. That's pretty moderate. As long as the one glass doesn't turn into three or four at dinner and the three beers doesn't turn into six or twelve, I think you should leave him alone.