A little time travel fantasy -

Okay, assuming you are a bit older. If you could go back in time and advise your younger self about relationships and living - what would you tell yourself?

AShogunNamedMarcus
Okay, assuming you are a bit older. If you could go back in time and advise your younger self about relationships and living - what would you tell yourself?

I would tell him all the ways he's about to ruin my life. Scare the sh*t out of him and beat some sense into him. :D

Honest.

"Your efforts to be a good person and a good boyfriend will be wasted. Just do what makes you happy instead."

I wanted to figure sth clever out, but no way I'm finding sth more clever than this.

That you're infinitely lovable, have much to give, and worthy of a woman who is emotionally open, other focused, and able to love with all of her being.

• Like 1

Доверяй, но проверяй, paying homage to a real person at a real time in my young life when I really should have paid more attention.

The man? Ronald Reagan

The proverb? Trust but verify

• Like 1
I'm 29 so personally I feel I'm in my prime now. The lessons I could teach myself I've actually known for years already. I'd love to be able to write specific advice or actually time travel back into my younger body though. I'd actually love to look the way I do now too haha just freeze it that way. Like say I traveled back to when I was 15 it would be cool to look 29 from 15 to 29. Like i wouldn't want to look 29 at 15 then look like 44 by the time I'm 29. I'd like to look the way I do now from 15-29 haha. I'm weird, but right!

Oh yea, it's apparent from this post that you're exceptional.

Working backwards from the present...

Learned from Tim

Rule 1--If his name is Tim, stay away from him. He is going to break your heart, despite his obvious care for you and attachment issues and disappear into the void.

Rule 2--No one gets to determine your self worth, but YOU! And nobody's own physical mono related inabilities has anything whatsoever to do with your attractiveness.

Rule 3-Just because he thinks its a good idea to spend 10 hours together regularly at the beginning of a relationship, doesn't mean it actually is.

Rule 4-If you have a "let's just be friends," speech prepared. Use it! Don't change your mind that very evening.

Learned from Kevin

Rule 5-If something from some past trauma causes you to automatically react and push him away, don't just give up for all time when he doesn't take your next advance for romantic activity. Allow him the power of rejecting an advance. Come back later and try again. He needs to feel that you do really desire him.

Rule 6-Find a doctor who will listen to you and diagnose the true medical condition you have, so he doesn't have to take care of you so damn much.

Rule 7-Just because you grew up in clear communication central family, he didn't. Spend more time trying to learn the subtle ways he tries to communicate things.

Learned from Derrick

Rule 8-If a man tries to call you names continually, put you down, compares you to women continually, continues to ask for activities that you aren't comfortable with, and keeps telling you that if you "don't like it you can leave?" LEAVE! Take him up on his offer. He's an abuser and you deserve to be treated well.

Rule 9-If you are ever looking at some dude you are on a blind date, and thinking, "Well, he's kind of a putz, but I really want to prove that I'm not the un **** able creature from outer space that all the kids in my high school said I was, so if he gets into a relationship with me it will prove them wrong." Just run.