LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

with a husband who calls sick into work - WHEN WE NEED THE MONEY?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2014, 1:11 PM   #16

Thank you for the suggestions!

Tayken - To answer your questions:
1) My original post was a year ago. I am since employed full time at my job. I work for a non-profit charity. Not many more hours but a nice pay increase as well.

2) Yes, Xmas is here again. My kids often go without. So having gifts are somewhat important to me. The two older kids are old enough to understand. The little one still believes I just want to make them happy.

3) I don't know what he tells his buddies. Some of his pay cheques worked out to the same dollar per hour as I make since he was missing so many hours.

Also...I can tell a few of his buddies see what kind of dad/husband he is. They have made a few drunken comments to me and often make fun of his laziness.

I am not looking for top dollar. I am looking for a partner. 50/50 would be ideal LOL
I am the one doing 90%. Sure, he makes more NOW...but for many years I was bringing in the top dollar. I worked for a luxury car company - then 2008 recession hit. I was at the end maternity leave and couldn't get unemployment insurance since it comes from the same pool of $$. This is a General Motors town...jobs were scarce. Still are here. I make pretty decent money for what I do now. I have the best bosses. They are very flexible with work/life balance.

I just wanted a husband who tried to be the best he could be. A father who actually wanted to spend time with the great kids we have. I loved him soooo much. Constantly trying to get him to spend time at home with me and the kids. Then finally...April 2013, I was like F*&^ this.

I know what is the right thing to do. It's just hard. I feel bad that I don't think I can come back from where I am. Its so hard to see the positives in him. I don't want to have to show him what he needs to do. I just don't have the energy anymore. I can't even fight anymore. Whats the point. Its just going to be my fault
11thSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 1:17 PM   #17
Established Member

Nothing quite like the sheriff showing up at the door with a gun and divorce papers to put some reality into the humdrum of everyday life.

The rest sorts itself out. People do it every day and, overwhelmingly, die old people in their beds.

Identify the fear; work the fear. If you need help with that, there is low to no cost counseling available. Good luck!
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote