Happy for them, but mixed feelings about my own situation?

Hey there,

So this weekend for the 4th of July I went down to my cousin's and we had a huge BBQ. She has the most wonderful boyfriend and her mom has the most wonderful fiance. They do every little cute and thoughtful thing for each other and they are all adorable and cute (PUKE, lol)... they make each other laugh and even when they fight it's funny and it's the most beautiful thing ever. I know no couple is perfect but these people just fit so well together and are finally genuinely happy, as they deserve to be.

One part of me is so happy for them (almost in tears happy) because I love my family so much. I love being around them, we have so much fun, and I just think it's so special. And then another part of me wonders why I can't find wonderful men like that who are just absolutely crazy about me to no end. Someone I can completely be myself with and grow old with and I don't know. In a way I look at it as a way to keep my standards high because I don't think it's worth being with a guy who doesn't love me the way I've seen these men love their women, which is good ya know but then another side of me is like "I'm never going to find a guy that's that crazy about me, etc." I'm not looking right now I'm kinda just taking time to myself and letting things happen since I recently got out of a terrible relationship but I can't help but feel all bittersweet about these things.

Maybe I'm just silly and having an emotional day... and of course I guess I still have some personal issues to work though. :rolleyes::(

I understand how you feel, as I have felt that way also about people. Hopefully things will continue to go well for the folks you described, but in one, five or ten years from now you could be the one in a great relationship and they could have broken up with their significant others. Things change over time. I have known quite a number of people who seemed deliriously happy in relationships, and then I was quite surprised when they broke up. Be patient, you will meet someone special soon.

• Like 1