Older men flirting with young women.

I don't know if I've got a stick up my but but there's an attractive young women that works in the hardware store next to where I work and some guy in his late 30's to early 40's was making sexual innuendos with her and she's 19! I see her a lot because we're constantly getting things from there and she seems cool and such. It was pretty full on and she laughed but my thinking is I'm about 12 years older than her and I wouldn't make a joke like his. I kid around/banter with her but not in a sexual manner. I say the guy should be called a creeper! So is he a creeper for making innuendos with a woman whom he's old enough to be her father or do I need to get with the times? Reality check!

• Like 1

It's none of your business. If you happen to witness the behavior again, when the guy leaves you could ask, "Is that man bothering you?" Although, if she says yes, then what would you do?

• Like 2
  • Author
It's none of your business. If you happen to witness the behavior again, when the guy leaves you could ask, "Is that man bothering you?" Although, if she says yes, then what would you do?

You can't win on this site! It's none of our business whether Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez are together but it's all over the phukin web/tabloids. Do you care to comment on the situation? I'm asking if the guy's a creeper or if I'm too uptight??

I don't know if I've got a stick up my but but there's an attractive young women that works in the hardware store next to where I work and some guy in his late 30's to early 40's was making sexual innuendos with her and she's 19! I see her a lot because we're constantly getting things from there and she seems cool and such. It was pretty full on and she laughed but my thinking is I'm about 12 years older than her and I wouldn't make a joke like his. I kid around/banter with her but not in a sexual manner. I say the guy should be called a creeper! So is he a creeper for making innuendos with a woman whom he's old enough to be her father or do I need to get with the times? Reality check!

Someone sounds jealous :lmao:

Don't playa hate! One day you'll be 40 too, just wait lol.

• Author

So far consensus is that it's kosher for a man in his late 30's-early 40's to drop sexual innuendos on 19 year olds. I'm packing my bags, Mayberry here I come!

Why are you being the moral police?

If he is making her uncomfortable then it's not his place, if she is fine with it and going along with it then it's nothing to do with you.

• Like 3

What kind of flirting?

There's nothing wrong with flirting with women of any adult age. Most see it as a compliment, from my experience. Doesn't mean you're going to go home with them later. It is what it is.

So far consensus is that it's kosher for a man in his late 30's-early 40's to drop sexual innuendos on 19 year olds. I'm packing my bags, Mayberry here I come!

I'm certainly planning on it... :rolleyes:

• Author

I just love this forum! One day it's men act like they're entitled to younger women and the next it's don't be the moral police becuase some guy is making jokes with a woman who isn't even old enough to drink. Phuk it, next year I'm going to cruise a highschool parking lot and pick up a senior and take her to prom!

I just love this forum! One day it's men act like they're entitled to younger women and the next it's don't be the moral police becuase some guy is making jokes with a woman who isn't even old enough to drink. Phuk it, next year I'm going to cruise a highschool parking lot and pick up a senior and take her to prom!

Doug Hutchinson did it... :bunny:

I think OP is just jealous of that old guy. That guy probably could score with attractive women and I guess OP can't, so he's gotta take that guy down a couple notches in his mind.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how you managed to equate 'entitlement to younger women' to a guy you saw who made a younger woman laugh. Obviously nobody is entitled to younger women. Nobody is even entitled to women, period. On the other hand, if an 'attractive young woman' wants to laugh at an older man's jokes, it's really their business.

• Like 3
It's called ethics. Lots of people in the "me generation" don't have them. They tend to confuse "jealousy" with *gasp* have a conscious.

Hey, don't get spiffy with me, I like cheese too!

• Like 1

Is there a reason you start a thread asking people for their opinion and then have a temper tantrum when they give it to you?

I frankly don't really have a horse in this race (as I'm in my late 20s); but you do realize that when you ask for a "reality check" it's a little silly to freak out when the "reality" is made clear.

• Like 3
  • Author
Is there a reason you start a thread asking people for their opinion and then have a temper tantrum when they give it to you?

I frankly don't really have a horse in this race (as I'm in my late 20s); but you do realize that when you ask for a "reality check" it's a little silly to freak out when the "reality" is made clear.

Your 'you're freaking out when the reality is made clear' statement holds no weight. Responses were 1) None of my business 2) Don't be the moral police 3) I'm jealous becasue the older guy can get laid and I can't. So if that's the "reality" mabye you need a reality check. I asked a simple question. Is it kosher for a man in his late 30's-early 40's to make sexual innuendos with a 19 year old? So far it looks like the consensus is yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions so it doesn't matter to me if you say yes or no, I even said in the op mabye the stick is up my but and it's looking that way. Apparently it's perfectly ok for a man of that age to behave the way he did...

Look. If you are genuinely 'concerned', then the next time it happens, after he leaves, go to the girl and ask her if she's okay with that and if she needs your help. And be prepared to help in the off-chance that it actually is required.

If you're not going to do that, stop throwing your 'concern' around and use the right word - jealousy.

• Like 2
  • Author
Yep, he's a double creeper: the first offense in being old enough to have fathered her and the second for forcing himself on her at her job where she can't get away. I LOVE when concerned men tell off guys like this at my work because I get creepy older men stalking me and the other gals a lot, as professionals we have to smile it off, it's so frustrating.

It looks like we're in the minority here. I'm a jealous guy who needs to mind his own business ahteist scholar. It was a simple question as to whether his antics were kosher or not and I got hammered.

• Author
What kind of flirting?

There's nothing wrong with flirting with women of any adult age. Most see it as a compliment, from my experience. Doesn't mean you're going to go home with them later. It is what it is.

Thanks for your opinion and for sticking to to the op:)

• Author
I'm 26. The last girl I hooked up with is 18. Is that bad?

I'm not seeing how a 26 year old sleeping with an 18 year old has anything to do with whether a 40 year old man flirting with a 19 year old is kosher??

Your 'you're freaking out when the reality is made clear' statement holds no weight. Responses were 1) None of my business 2) Don't be the moral police 3) I'm jealous becasue the older guy can get laid and I can't. So if that's the "reality" mabye you need a reality check. I asked a simple question. Is it kosher for a man in his late 30's-early 40's to make sexual innuendos with a 19 year old? So far it looks like the consensus is yes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions so it doesn't matter to me if you say yes or no, I even said in the op mabye the stick is up my but and it's looking that way. Apparently it's perfectly ok for a man of that age to behave the way he did...

I have no idea if you're jealous or not. That said, the reason you get people saying, "it's none of your business" or "don't be the moral police" is that your responses are full of judgement. You put exclamation points behind every sentence describing this guys behavior and all your previous statements seem to be tinged with this sense of incredulity and outrage.

It doesn't sound like you really want other people's opinions. It sounds more like you're saying, "I think this is creepy and nuts" and when people don't seem to share you're feelings you seem to act as thought they're crazy.

I don't think it's particularly cool to make any discussion personal (which is why I don't really approve of the "you're jealous" response); but it seems like the reason you're getting some combative opinions is because you're own responses are so laced with judgement and so combative.

As for me, once again i don't really know. I've known men in their late 30s and early 40s who certainly came off as total creeps when they'd hit on younger women but I think it was largely due to the lecherous/sexist way they chose to flirt more than the age difference. I don't think I'd be comfortable flirting with someone more than ten years my junior but I frankly find the level of umbrage you seem to take with such things a little disconcerting.

We all handle our romantic affairs differently. We're all attracted to different people and express our interest in different ways. If this girl is fine with it I really don't understand why you find it such a concern or yours or why you act so shocked and appalled when other people don't share your feelings.

• Like 2

I get the impression in situations like that some women get turned on, some find it completely gross but to the majority it's a two edged sword. Kind of flattering to get some attention like that but ewww at the same time since it's coming from an old wrinkled dude.

jolie_baby

You would be surprised about how many men wouldn't find any problem with that... she is 19 so for me is still a kid and yeah he is old enough to be her father... if she was maybe 30 and he was 50 (ok still an age gap) but at least she is a full grown up woman with some life experience...

Essentially I do not have problems with age gaps... but sometimes it shocks me how some men see it... like, I have a friend who is 50+ never married and started recently looking for a LTR and wants kids... that is totally fine, but he wouldn't even consider women who are 40+ or with kids (which I tried to introduce him to few) but he wants women who are between 30-35... OK to each his own but he is not even considering women who are above 40 although they may be the ones he is most compatible with...

Just a thought

It's called ethics. Lots of people in the "me generation" don't have them. They tend to confuse "jealousy" with *gasp* have a conscious.

Do i have to be conscious to have a conscience?

haha, I read that as couscous, which is a different thing...

I've seen creepy old men be ejected and asked to leave from retail establishments where they were hitting on young women. So it happens, though I suppose the behavior must have been rather extreme (didn't see everything), as it doesn't happen often.