Confusion over girl with trust issues (long)

ok this will probably be a bit long so thanks in advance for the time.

Posted something about this girl a month or so ago, basically went on 2 great dates with her and we had a class together, shes 22 im 25. She called things off after i asked for the third date. Said she was scared and had feeling for a old flame she thought were gone, (last serious relationship was 2 years ago.) i told her she needed to take space and gave it to her, NC even in class for 2 weeks.

In our third class since I stopped talking to her, i caught her looking at me a few times, eventually after ignoring it for a while i shot her a smile, she blushed and smiled back. I ended up walking her to her car and we talked into the parking lot for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours and ended up making out for about 45 min. She was going on vacation the next day and i told her she should give me a call when she got back (i wasn't expecting a call.) 2 days into her vacation she texted me and we talked like everything was good. the next class some women in our class (ages 30-32 with families and everything) called her into the back room, i could hear them talking about me. Gist being they told her she should go out with me and see where things go again.

I walked her to her car again, we talked she said we should take things slow, but she was willing to give it a shot again (not sure what exactly she meant by that since it could mean sex, or everything in general). once again we made out pretty intensely for 45 min or so.

The next day i get a facebook message from her mom (creepy) she told me how i should handle things, and was telling me what her daughters turn ons were and all sorts of things, nothing too graphic but just how i should approach things. She told me the kiss i gave her before vacation got her attention and was very meaningful to her. she mentioned that she had major trust issues dealing with her father who is a dead beat low life and has never been there for her in life, and 2 past serious relationships, from what i have gathered, she was taken advantage of. she has also told me straight up before, she doesn't trust anyone.

We ended up txting back and forth the week after the class ended, I didn't act desperate for a date or anything, but i asked when the next time i could see her was now that class was over, she told me Wednesday or Thursday, i told her i was busy Wednesday ( i was ) and Thursday would work, I asked her to pick something special that she hasn't done in a while that we could do together (wanted to share something with her) she came up with a idea and we made plans for me to pick her up at 745, The moment i showed up she seemed distant, we kissed but she was very quiet the whole night (she is a very talkative and outgoing girl) I am usually very good at reading people and could tell something was wrong, at the end of the night we talked in the car about some issues with her dad, i walked her to the door and we made out for 2 min or so, she said thank you and she had a fun time. I sent her a short text later telling her i had a great time. I didnt talk to her for a day or 2 after that, then sent her a short text seeing if she wanted to go to a carnival the following week (txted cause she was on vacation), she once again was in a bad mood and upset about something and ignored my invitation

I waited 3 days and still heard nothing, at this point I lost it, I got angry and was tired of all the negativity, i sent her a short text asking if she had gotten the message about Friday now that it was Thursday, she said she had and wanted to talk to me about it, she went on to tell me the feelings she should be feeling are not there and that i deserved a girl on the same page (deja vu all over again.) I told her i agreed which at this point I did, and told her that we should just be friends, which i actually meant, It would be a lie to say, a small part of me wouldn't have a problem with something in the future, but from my experience that usually doesn't happen and i cant deal with a relationship that jumps up and down and has so much drama.

Trust being the foundation of any kind solid relationship from my conclusion is a serious problem for her. she lives everyday with drama it seems like, she doesn't like her job but doesn't do anything to change it and always seems to be having a bad day. When i ask her whats wrong she always tells me not to worry about it, i try not to act clingy so most time time i just say ok, other times i will push a little bit but not over the top but never get anything.

Although i have tried to talk to her on the phone, she says she doesn't like it and just wants to text which i personally find emotionless and only useful for flirting and short messages. I have tried flirting with her on text messages only to get nothing back, When we talk on text its like i am talking to a wall, she never asks me anything or seems interested in how my day was or anything. Even on the days she initiated the conversation.

I still have feelings for her but I just got past 2 years of dark times in my own life and don't want to go back, Should I try and make the friend thing work and see what happens down the road or just let her go completely?