Should I Date While I Have Cancer?

Back at the end of July I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma stage 2 cancer. This was during a 2 week hospital stay. Do you think it's a good idea for me to date anybody now that I have cancer?

To be real honest I really hope I die from this cancer soon. I'm ready to get out of this world at anytime & go to heaven.

Depends:

Early Favorable

Early favorable adult Hodgkin lymphoma is stage I or stage II, without risk factors.

Early Unfavorable

Early unfavorable adult Hodgkin lymphoma is stage I or stage II with one or more of the following risk factors:

I would say that dating would be a reasonable activity if diagnosed with early favorable Stage 2. With unfavorable Stage 2, the focus IMO should be on treatment and general quality of life. Counseling and friends/family would be important components of that dynamic.

Considering your young age, I would highly recommend getting focused counseling. Your oncologist can probably suggest some resources. My sympathies. Cancer is an increasingly treatable and survivable disease.

• Author

Well that's disappointing news. I really want this cancer to kill me. I'm tired of the hardships in this world. I catch a cancer that has a high survival rate and I don't even want to live.

Hey everyone, Chris 250's back!

Chris, quit talking like that.

Someone might take you seriously.

It's not nice - c'mon man...

My cousin is a survivor of this cancer, and she's really upbeat - you should be too!

• Author

I am being serious. I hope that my cancer kills me. The doctors caught me at stage 2. They say it has a 95% cure rate. Everyone in my family was happy to hear that except me. I want to be in the 5% where there's no cure.

I have been through 3 chemotherapy sessions so far. I go every 2 weeks. I am considering stopping the treatments altogether and just letting the cancer run its course. That is my right as an American and a human being. No one is obligated to receive medical treatment.

Well in that case, don't date. weigh up the advantages of stopping treatment, against letting it go on.

if you really don't want to live then don't date.

particularly as you don't want sex either.

So if you want to die, why post about it.

either stop treatment, or don't. Up to you.

But no, don't date.

I doubt very much you'll find anyone who wants to date a terminal cancer sufferer who doesn't want sex.

I mean really, they won't will they?

• Like 1

It strikes me as abit odd that someone who wants to die soon is considering whether to date. Dating is a hopeful thing to do, and it's about the future. You don't have hope and don't want a future.

I guess you think we're stupid.

• Like 5
I want to have a girlfriend for 2-3 months before I die.

Of course you do.

As this is all make-believe, make believe that hot little nurse holding your pulse is your GF.

She doesn't want sex with you, but cares enough to hold your hand....

Sorted.

I want to have a girlfriend for 2-3 months before I die.

If you feel this way about your life, it's not fair to involve anyone else and give them such heartbreak. That seems pretty selfish.

• Author

I have made a decision to stop the treatments. I should be dead in about a year if I let the cancer take its course.

I may not be able to date but unlike some of you I can get away with eating all the high fat and high cholesterol food that my heart desires at this point. There's no reason for me to be on a strict diet and eat my vegetables when I will be dead long before I reap complications from high cholesterol.

• Author

Since I am ineligible for dating anyway and since I am going to die of cancer in about a year then there's also no reason for me to floss my teeth anymore or go to the dentist. When you know that you won't reap long term rewards from what you do then why do them anymore?