Should i tell my girlfriend about my anxiety?

Hi Guys/Girls,

I have had anxiety for around a year now, my girlfriend knew a little bit but i dont full tell her how bad it is, i literally get worried about every little thing and get upset if things aint perfect etc...

I then end up asking stupid questions like 'Do you still wanna be with me?' etc... even if i know she does.

Which always ends up in arguements or something going wrong.

Now i really want to beat this anxiety without drugs but i have no idea how to.

Also do you think its a good or bad thing to tell my girlfriend about this?

Thanks

todreaminblue
Hi Guys/Girls,

I have had anxiety for around a year now, my girlfriend knew a little bit but i dont full tell her how bad it is, i literally get worried about every little thing and get upset if things aint perfect etc...

I then end up asking stupid questions like 'Do you still wanna be with me?' etc... even if i know she does.

Thanks

It's hard when you feel you have to be silent.Silence is a killer.You can have heightened anxiety for holding things in .Trust me I know, the longer you hide how you are feeling, or what you are going through you begin to hide it all from whoever you should open up to until it becomes second nature to you to be silent and hold in your fears.Anxiety builds with every secret you keep until you forget how to tell someone what has happened and what you are feeling because of it.Be open.Cry if you need to cry, speak if you need to speak.Be honest

Don't hide how you feel, or what you go through for anyone.Open up and deal with it before it affects you deeply.I wish you luck and a hug when you open up to yoru girlfriend about your anxiety think about going with yoru girlfriend to get some extra help if opening up does not help you.....good luck and a hug for the way.....deb

I am very much like that to. I have anxiety issues also. It hurts when you feel that your girlfriend may not have the same feelings for you that you have for her. I agree that you should just tell her how you feel. Silence only hurts you and makes things worse. Good luck!

eleanorhurting

Hey! I have had anxiety for a long time and I have gotten help for it. Its hard because if you talk about it you might come off as being needy or insecure. I would wait until you fully trust the person to tell her about how you feel. Also, as I have learned in therapy, it is important to distinguish what is real from the automatic thoughts that you have in your head. Trying to distinguish them has helped me to an extent in my interpersonal relationships.

whichwayisup
Hi Guys/Girls,

Thanks

Google CBT - Cognitive behaviour therapy. This kind of counselling is specialized with those with anxiety disorders, depression, OCD. And, you can learn to control the anxiety without meds. I know because I never took any meds when I did CBT. You'll learn how to not be afraid of it, realize that the symptoms are just that - Even though you might feel awful, feel like fainting etc., thoes feelings do pass. journaling and keeping track of what you eat, when you sleep will help to see if there's a pattern (maybe cut out sugars and caffeine, see if that helps).

DO tell your gf..And family too. The more people who know, the more support you'll get. Plus, there might be times you need to go out but can't on your own, so to be able to call a friend to go with you just to keep you company and so you'll feel less anxious.

GotAStewGoing

Oh man I totally relate to that! I'm constantly asking my other half if they love me, if they're happy with me, if things are going well. There must be some deep issues for us to be like this, but as long as they say 'yes' that's all that matters. Nothing wrong with constant reassurance, just try to not ask too much and remember all the times your significant other has said that they do love you or whatever it is you've asked.

BellaMarieOC

I'm very much like you...I'd get anxiety about something or the way my BF was acting, take it to the extreme and ask him if he still wanted to be with me. It put a lot of strain on our relationship.

I finally told him about my anxiety and things have gotten so much better.

You can never go wrong by being honest with your partner. Communication is everything and I think she'd appreciate you talking to her about the way you are feeling and what you are going through.

Now when I have anxious feelings he is aware of this and we talk it out.

Wantsmore21

Sorry- didn't mean to hit send so quick.

Start seeing a therapist of some kind or start a new hobbie. Once you have done something to take action towards controlling your anxiety, it'll be easier to tell her, and sound much better. If she asks about your day or something, add in that you spoke to a therapist today and are feeling great. That you've been struggling with anxiety and are looking forward to getting it under control. Shell be proud and most likely will become a cheer leader for you to get help. Good luck

tell ur girlfriend and maybe she can help u, if she loves u she will understand and hopfully find was to help you.