Online Dating Anxiety-How to deal?

I personally think online dating is hard but it's my only outlet after working, errands etc etc

When you do finally talk and meet someone you think you could like and potentially be with--how do you deal with them continuing to log onto the site?

I started talking with someone and we have gone out twice so far. (two days in a row) He seems like a good catch. It didn't bother me before we met that he logged on because it didn't seem too often but now since we met, for some reason it bothers me. We still are in some contact each day but I feel like maybe he is going on the site more often now making me think he made contact with someone else.

I know we owe each other nothing at this point; we aren't exclusive, we just met. But it's just annoying after texting or talking to see he is logging onto the site. It makes me nervous because it already seems like there are slim pickings out there. I guess I am hoping this can continue to grow and I'm not competing with other girls (false hope, i know)

How do I keep my cool and continue dating without ruining anything? I actually emailed him on the site joking saying guess who because I saw he was online and he wrote back joking around as well and I did the same. Nothing was said about why is he online or anything but I figure maybe he should know atleast that I am doing the same and know he is as well.

How do I deal with that nervousness and touch of anxiety when I see he is going on the site? I know logically I should just ignore it, keep things light and fun, keep my cool and pretty much ignore all this until things develp (if they develop). But it's hard for me to do this I guess....

It's Just Me

Been there, Rose. He's just not that into you. Have a closer look at his situation - is he recently divorced, dumped, whatever, i.e., recently hurt? Or maybe he's just keeping his options open. It happens. Move on.

When the right guy comes along, you will not be seeing that.

• 4 weeks later...
henderson14

Well until your exclusive I don't see what the big deal is. I mean your not exclusive yet for a reason right? Also, it is incredibly hard for most men to find a decent girl on online. I can only find about 3-4 to meet a year and out of those maybe 1 is what I am looking for.

I personally think online dating is hard but it's my only outlet after working, errands etc etc

When you do finally talk and meet someone you think you could like and potentially be with--how do you deal with them continuing to log onto the site?

I started talking with someone and we have gone out twice so far. (two days in a row) He seems like a good catch. It didn't bother me before we met that he logged on because it didn't seem too often but now since we met, for some reason it bothers me. We still are in some contact each day but I feel like maybe he is going on the site more often now making me think he made contact with someone else.

I know we owe each other nothing at this point; we aren't exclusive, we just met. But it's just annoying after texting or talking to see he is logging onto the site. It makes me nervous because it already seems like there are slim pickings out there. I guess I am hoping this can continue to grow and I'm not competing with other girls (false hope, i know)

How do I keep my cool and continue dating without ruining anything? I actually emailed him on the site joking saying guess who because I saw he was online and he wrote back joking around as well and I did the same. Nothing was said about why is he online or anything but I figure maybe he should know atleast that I am doing the same and know he is as well.

How do I deal with that nervousness and touch of anxiety when I see he is going on the site? I know logically I should just ignore it, keep things light and fun, keep my cool and pretty much ignore all this until things develp (if they develop). But it's hard for me to do this I guess....

I think you should continue to log onto the site and continue to meet people from there until such time as you both mutually decide to focus on your relationship to the exclusion of meeting others. You've only had two dates. You should have no expectations from him at this point, and you should understand that people aren't normally ready to take their profile down and stop logging in until they are sure someone they are dating has potential for the long term.