Women crossing over 30

Not sure whether should I post it under this topic. But I just go ahead..... ;)

I am from Asian. Are there many folks from Asian countries to browse through this LSL website?

In our society, when single woman reaching age of 30, she tends to be classified by the name of "old spinster", "old maid" etc. People will start to criticize on her odd behaviors. And these ladies may have problems looking for new love as guys tend to go for younger ladies. Is this also the same for non-asian countries?

How should we made our lives better once we are crossing the line?

Any thoughts?

Pretty young girls can be very sexy that's for sure. But I find in general women over 30, perhaps between 32 and 38 are the sexiest and most beautiful. Some women continue to be incredibly beautiful through their forties and into their fifties.

A Cambodian girl in my department had just mentioned this very topic today. She's in her early 20s and she said in her culture you're labeled an "old maid" at 17!

I believe she's been in this country for quite some time as in the past she would mention various things she was doing when she was living in California.

She does have a boyfriend but it doesn't seem to be a "serious" relationship. Her family doesn't want her to date anyone, and they think this guy is just one of her good friends. I'm not sure if they have someone else in mind for her or not.

She is currently studying at a 2 year college, and putting in applications at 4 year schools in the area so she can work on advanced degrees in accounting.

• Author

i think culture differs.....

anyway, we must always keep ourselves happy and that will make us beautiful.....

While western cultures seem to have less difficulty with women over 30 being single, it does exist to a certain degree. As a single woman over 30 this prejudice has reared its ugly head only the rare occasion (Usually among the older generations in my own family!).

But speaking as the "older woman", don't let what others think bother you. In my 20's I never could have imagined being as secure, happy, sexy, sexual, and as comfortable in my own skin as I feel now. My love life is better than it has EVER been. In part, because I've learned to love myself alot more along the way. It has been a remarkable journey.

And for the record, I'm dating a 24 year old. He initiated the relationship and it was my hang-ups about age that we had to get past - not his. So don't let anyone ever tell you that you are over-the-hill or an old maid. Love comes to us only when it deems us ready.