Thanks to everyone who helped

I just wanted to give a belated thank you to moimeme (and everyone else, but specific thanks needs to be dealt out right now) for all the help she gave me during my whole...boyfriend's apartment/sister/mom fiasco. I didn't listen at the time and I lashed out in all of my subsequent posts. I always have to be right, and unfortunately, this time I wasn't (rest assured that other than that one time, I am always right, muahaha...just kidding)

Everyone here, if you're lucky enough to get advice from her, listen to it. There were few things about me that she was slightly off about, but that's just because she doesn't know me personally - none of us really do, I guess. Everything else, though, was right on the button.

I read a book recently called What to do When You're Dating a Jew and got lots of good advice and funny anecdotes on how to deal with a Jewish Mother. I'll remember that next time I'm around his mom. If anything, it will help me see past her smothering me - and my boyfriend - and appreciate it as her way of accepting me into the family - and it was definitely good for a laugh. The wounds from the furniture have healed, and I've made amends with his sister. We're back on track, and it has a lot to do with the response I got to my posts - which is where I thank nearly everyone. It didn't help at the time, but when I went back and read them a short while later, they helped me to see myself...truly see myself, and first I was ashamed, but later I decided that I had to change that, so I went to get a manicure (plus bonding time) with his sister and mom, and the rest, as they say, is history.

• Author

Hahaha. I could not believe the parallels in this book to his mother! I thought my Mexican upbringing was bad, but even my grandma knew when to cut the apron strings :D ! I suppose it's just harder with boys. Honestly, I really love my boyfriend's mom more now that I know that there is an entire culture that knows just what it's like to be potentially related to someone like her. I am not alone, lol.

Hell Mint....I had to move to ANOTHER town just so I could make a purchase without her sucking her teeth and making that 'TSK' sound and rolling her eyes.

These Moms DO NOT cut apron strings. They tightly bind you "in love"......for life.

toooooo friggin funny!!!

mintjulep - I am truly touched! I am also extremely happy to hear that things are going better for you. I am so glad I could be of assistance :) I wish you, your bf, and his family ( ;) ) all the best for a very happy future :)