Can guys change?

I'm confused i met this guy i really like at uni however he is known within the university as a bit of a "ladies man" and has slept with a lot of girls. I was introduced to him at a party and didn't really recall meeting him but the other day i saw him again and there was a spark we started chatting and hit it off and had loads in common. He said he remembered meeting me but didn't want to ask who i was to my friends because he was embaressed.

Anyway we ended up sleeping together which i drunkenly intiated because he had offered to walk me home because i was separated from my friends, but instead we ended up at his because it was closer.

It was nice the next morning and we spent the morning just cuddling which i've never had with a guy before (apart from ex boyfriends) but it all just felt right. He got my number off my phone whilst i was out of the room and we arranged to meet up but i was ill the next few days so nothing happened.

However we exchanged about 20 SMS messages over the course of the weekend and he mentioned he would like to meet up again sometime soon.

But that week i was leaving for Barcelona for the duration of the week and now we're on a 3 week holiday so i haven't seen him, but i asked my friend if he'd mentioned me at all to him and he said that he talked a lot about me a was quite interested if maybe i was to go along to a few more socials next term, however i also found out he took a girl home with him that night and had told my friend it was only because i wasn't there.

I'm not sure really how to view this, because in a way he knew that we weren't going to be seeing each other for a month and weren't actually involved and when speaking to a friend she said he wasn't really in the wrong because we're not involved as such and i too have also seen other people since i've been at home.

But i don't know whether to pursue this next week when uni starts back up or whether to leave it because it could be a whole load of hassle? But i have met a few people who are in long term relationships with guys who are players but i'm not sure because there is something about him that i like!

I posted this question before Once a cheater always a cheater? True or False?. Check it out, I got lots of interesting info about this matter there, from both men and woman.

Posted in the General Relationship Discussion forum under Once a cheater always a cheater? True or False?.