Fellows - opinions wanted - what do you really think about being the 'hunter'?

We've had plenty of posts where ladies talked about wanting the man to make the first move, ask for the phone number, etc. What do you really think about that? What about a woman showing interest in you or appreciation of you? Does that make it easier? Are you glad when it happens? Or are you maybe suspicious/freaked out/worry it's going to be another 'Fatal Attraction?'

If for any reason you don't want to post as you, post as a guest 'cause it'd be great to hear what the LSers have to say.

Well..I'm not a guy...and I ain't shy....I'll ask a guy out in a heartbeat if he floats my boat!

Really, Arabess. I wouldn't have guessed. I thought you were the shy, retiring type. :)

One point of interest is the difference between guys. Guys who only want to hunt, and are turned off by aggressive women, would seem more traditional in their views and expectations regarding gender roles. Perhaps also a wee bit insecure around strong women.

Guys who welcome aggressive women, on the other hand, may harbor less stereotypical views about women and their roles. These guys are perhaps less intimidated by strong nontraditional women.

I'm just speculating but there just might be something to this.

Well....in my 20's I had a more subtle approach!! However, at my PRESENT age...I figure if I don't GO for it today....I may be too damn senile tomorrow to REMEMBER it!!! LOL!

[color=red]......Arabess is tooo damn old to have tooo much pride!!........[/color]

Personally I'd rather that the woman make the first move. Virtually all of my relationships have been based on that premise that the woman make the first move or it be an obvious mutual attraction. I don't believe I've ever actively persued a woman in the interest of dating and I'm glad. The few times I've wanted to hook up with someone I was interested in I spent most of the time a nervous wreck.

For me, making eye contact and listening to a woman will get you quite far IMO. Let her talk Romeo and STFU for a change. She will give you subtle queus when she wants to hear your inane babble. Also, I treat all my girlfriends as nothing more than one of the guys, just a lumpy one with soft skin and hair that doesn't smell like an armpit. It helps alleviate some of the possible pressure and doesn't make you look too needy.

The last thing is, never and I mean never, look at another woman when you're trying to pick one up. They don't like that much.

Originally posted by Duke

The last thing is, never and I mean never, look at another woman when you're trying to pick one up. They don't like that much.

That is correct Duke....we DO NOT like sloppy seconds!

Also, I treat all my girlfriends as nothing more than one of the guys, just a lumpy one with soft skin and hair that doesn't smell like an armpit.

See thats how I expect to be treated.... I get along better with a boyfriend if i can razz him back as much as he razzes me.... im just that type of person...... I used to be the chaser.... now i just refuse to chase.... and it still works for me..... both ways ive always been successful..... however i never go looking or longing for a relationship..... it usually just happens..... and i end up scratching my head within a week of it beginning wondering how the hell did this happen.... and then just go with the flow....lol my insights..... :laugh:

YEP Lost...a lumpy soft skinned dicklay......I've been ONE....LMAO!

rofl havent we all hunny..... i surely would never be one that smells like an armpit.... but then again ive dated a few armpits!!!!!!!! LMAO

on another note..... man i just realized the cat in my avatar looks absolutely pissed off hes in a santa suit!!!! lmao

• Author

Also, I treat all my girlfriends as nothing more than one of the guys, just a lumpy one with soft skin and hair that doesn't smell like an armpit. It helps alleviate some of the possible pressure and doesn't make you look too needy.

Ah, Duke! :) Wisdom to match the wit! I suspected as much :D

I've dated the ARMPITS from HELL!!!!!

rofl.... oh man that stinks!!!!! :p

I can't speak for men, obviously, but I made the first move on my boyfriend and he loved it. And all my guy friends thought it was pretty damn cool that I asked him out instead of waiting around for him to make the first move. Honestly, though I knew we were both shy and that if I waited...well, it could have been a while. So I figured what the hell.

I can't speak for other guys but I love confident, aggressive women. Over the years I've had several women take the lead and frankly it's just so much easier for me. We've all read the "does he/she like me" stories here at LS. Making the first move can be nervewracking.

Once I went to a movie with a female friend that I was attracted to but hadn't made any moves on. During the movie the starring couple kissed very romantically. After the movie when I got home I received a email from the woman in which she said that when the kissing was going on during the film she was wishing she was kissing me. I took it from there.