Is this only in my imagination?

love_n_peace

Hi this is my first post. Seems like everyone here gives good advice and I hoping for guidance on my situation.

I'm 34 yr old happily married woman with two beautiful 2 1/2 yr old twins (boy and girl). I'm very fit and I think a relatively attractive woman.

I been contemplating something for a few weeks now that is maybe my imagination but I'm not sure. Anyways, there is this man at the gym who which I belong to and he is always there when I am. He is very fit and attractive. He is also married and I get the feeling he's into to me. I know his wife from my old job and the gym but have never been introduced to him by his wife. I workout late at night (9:30pm) after putting my kids to sleep. He typically works out at the same time I do and his wife is with him once in a while but not as much as he is.

Since I always see him there we kind of know who we are and we have occasionally glanced at each other in recognition but that is all. One day I decided to be nice and break the ice and say hi. So as we passed each other I smiled and said hi and he smiled kind of nonchalantly and walked by. Not sure if he didn't expect the hi or was being too cool. I kind of felt embarrassed since he didn't really reciprocate in the manner I thought he would. Since that day he continues to glance at me occasionally but also acts like he doesn't know me and I kind of do the same. Now the thing is he is always at the gym when I am there. Even when I have went on days or nights that's typically not my time he is somehow there as well. I was thinking "Is he following me" but like I said before he doesn't talk to me or approach me and for all I know he's as dedicated to fitness as I am.

I know this may be my imagination and it wouldn't bother me if I didn't know the wife but it kind of does. I don't want to think another woman's husband is purposely going to gym the same time I am but this may be the case and I feel uncomfortable. I don't read into things much but his behaviour is too much of a coincidence. At the same time am I thinking too much about this because I know who he is through his wife. He's actually the only man in the gym I sort of know so am I more attune to him being there. I don't talk to anyone else at the gym so I really know anyone else there.

I thinking about going to gym at another time for awhile because I kind feel awkward when he's there now.

Is this in my head or do you think I may have given the wrong impression?