Singles Groups?

I recently came across a business named Events and Adventure that operates in several cities. The website promotes what seem to be a lot of fun and creative activities. It isn't really a dating service, and right now, the idea of just hanging out with other single people appeals to me more than using an online dating service.

A friend and I made an appointment to check this business out, but then I started reading online reviews about it, and there are some pretty strong negative opinions out there.

So two questions:

1) Has anybody had any dealings with this business? Any advice?

2) Does anyone know of any reputable singles groups in the North Texas area?

Forever Learning

what were the strong negative opinions about it?

you could also take up a hobby like bicycling or rock climbing or scuba, or a co-ed sports league, or even volunteer, maybe firefighting etc. that would simply be a straightforward hobby with human interaction, no 'singles' stuff attached to the name, but still connections to be made via networking, etc.

• Author

The stories are that the sales tactics are high pressure, and the initiation fee is several thousand dollars, then you pay per event as well.

I found http://www.meetup.com this morning. There are many many groups in my area on that site, and I'm considering joining one of them.