Why is he calling now?????

I have been out of an an eight year relationship for 9 months now. Recently received a call from my ex boyfriend, who is also seeing someone already, called me again out of the blue!!!! What could he possibly want??

I was dependent on an alcoholic who still is.....I asked him what he really wanted?? "He apparently needed to know how I was doing", it's not like he's getting married or having any kids????? and needs some sort of closure. I don't know?? I am proud of myself and have come real far because it was real hard to get out of. S

Some days are real hard, real lonely.... not meeting anyone that really does it for me.... scared I will never find what I am looking for????????????

Almost 30?????

You'll never find what you need in an alcoholic. The reason he called is simple. He wants to know if he still has a hold on you and if he can still manipulate you. By talking to him you're giving him his answer.

Your best way to heal is to stop taking any calls, emails, visits, etc. from him. It's over. Time will heal you if you allow it and let the past be. You have no future with a drunk. Deep down you know this. Don't let loneliness allow you to make a foolish decision.

You WILL meet someone else… don’t doubt that. Why should you not meet someone???… cos you haven’t met someone yet??? All it takes is one day… a moment and all of a sudden you have. Please have faith in yourself. I agree with Fancy’s post. Move on, forget him and know that your loneliness is VERY normal and your fear too BUT you cannot let your fear rule your actions. You should let your desire to meet someone amazing to rule your decisions. SO if it is not going to serve your purpose by speaking to your ex etc… let it go. It doesn’t matter what he wants. All you need to know is that he was not right for you and its time to find someone who is.

Have FAITH.. it works!

:bunny: