When do you go from dating to Boyfriend/girlfriend

Hello all,

I am curious to know what the next step is in my relationship. I met this girl about a month ago and we have been on 4 awesome dates so far. And I really like this girl a lot. And I am pretty sure she feels the same. However, I am wondering how and when to bring it to the next level? Instead of just dating. What do I do to actually get to a point were we say I am hers and she is mine and we are not just dating? Does this just happen over time or shoudl I talk to her? Is it too soon?

This is basically my first relationship that I have gotten to this point with and I am not sure how to proceed. I really like her and dont want to screw anything up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ArdeaCandidissima

My advice is take it slow. Keep building the friendship and the feelings. What are you trying to accomplish by being exclusive? And how old are you?

• Author

Thats a good point about what I am trying to accomplish. I guess what I want to know is exactly how she feels about me, and if she has the same feelings I have for her. I think she fels the same about me so you are most likely right and to just take it slow and let things develop on their own.

Thanks,

ArdeaCandidissima

...when you both agree on exclusivity. There is not timetable for this; it's based on your shared experiences as you talk about your lives and what you want them to be. Lying on the warm grass and staring up at the sky and kind of dreamily saying how you feel...of course, only after you have both been slowly escalating the signals so one of you is not way out in front.

Ahhh, sweet uncertain love! The agony and the ecstasy! Please enjoy it in all its pleasure and pain while you have it.