I dont know if she likes me or not its hard to tell if shes just being nice

ok theres this girl in my math class that i have liked appearance wise since a year ago and i told my friend i liked her because i saw she was in my math class and my friends best friend gave me her screen name. My friends best friend is friends with her and she said shes REALLY REALLY nice.(this is at least 3 weeks from now) So i talked to her and she is really nice i told her my name and everything and i told her where i sit in math class and she knew who i was after that and then the next 2 weeks i was going to talk to her in person but either she was with her friends or i was afraid..im very shy when talking to pretty girls that i dont know well..shes very very pretty. so 2 weeks from then which is yesterday i talked to her online and i asked her if anyone asked her to homecoming and she said no and i said im sure you will get asked who wouldnt want to go with you and she said lots of people and i said no your wrong your like perfect and she said no and i said in my perspetive you are ( i have been giving hints like that every once and awhile that i like her) and she said aww your too nice.so then we talked for like 5 more minutes and she said she had to go and i said nooo and she said sorry and i said ok good night sweet dreams and she said good night xoxo :D some of my friends talk to her and they said she has never said that to them (the xoxo part..kiss,hug,kiss,hug)so i dont know if she did that on purpose or what. I dont know if shes hinting to me or if shes just being nice. The next day which is today...at school in math class i actually got up the courage to talk to her i said hi and asked her about the math project and stuff like that. Heres a problem shes a religious christian, im jewish...i dont know if she thinks it makes a difference or anything like that. Heres a positive thing she likes nice and respectful and funny guys. im really really nice to her i dont curse anymore at all because my friend told me she doesnt like it when people do so she has never heard me curse. Im sure if i ever spent time with her or anything like that i would be a gentlemen:carry her books,open the door for her, help her down the stairs ect. so thats some points for respectfulness. Im thinking about asking her to homecoming..but not soon im going to wait for some progress and answers. So PLEASE tell me what you think and why and how sure you are. THANKS!!!

well, my first impressions were, maybe take it easier on the compliments lol.. saying "nooooo!" when she's about to go offline could come across as slightly over the top. If she is feeling uncertain about you, it might scare her away, so just take it easy and make subtle remarks. I guess the xoxo thing sounds promising, but i wouldn't read too much in it... yet. She might've done it for a thousand reasons... but who knows?

I don't think you could say yes she likes you or no she doesn't yet. I'd just work on talking to her and getting to know her better before you try and ask her to the homecoming. Flirt a bit, but yeh, wait til you get the gut feeling that she is into you before you ask her... but dont wait too long cos someone else might ask her! :p

best of luck!

• Author

thanks but also i was talking to some of the guys in the class for a while then some how they got on the subject of who they think is the prettiest in class then they were talking about "tapping" the girl i like..i was thinking i would say to her:hey some of the guys have been talking..and she'll ask what about and i'll tell her and say i was going to stick up for you but it was kind of quiet and i didnt want to make a scene..is this a good idea to tell her this or a bad idea? I'm not sure..

That would be a very bad idea. First you'd tell her she was being spoken about in an unpleasant way and then that you didn't have the courage to defend her. Even if she liked you, that would be a huge turnoff. I can't imagine how you would think she would appreciate this information!

what does 'tapping' mean??

if it's an insult then obviously don't make her aware of insults going around about her!