Am I the only one who feels this way? (sorry, this thread is all over the place)

My original title was going to be "Any homebodies here?" but decided to change it because it's more than just about being a homebody.

I've always thought of myself as an introvert with extrovert tendencies. I used to enjoy going out and such... and I still do, but nowadays I find making that drive home (whether it's from work or hanging out with some friends) to be hugely appealing. I just want to get home, lounge around, surf the net, maybe play a video game, or watch a movie by myself. I guess as I grew older I've become more of a homebody.

I don't really (like to) travel, I like food but am not a foodie. I still don't have a smart phone. I see my friends talking about their favorite restaurants (that they've yelped), playing Angry Birds on their smart phones, talking tech stuff, and I just feel so lost. Honestly, part of me feels like I'm trapped back in the '90s (or at least early '00s). I like my friends, but I usually find my mind wandering to looking forward to driving home after a couple hours or so.

Is this normal? Can anyone else relate? Is anyone else here not into traveling, not a foodie, not an "Angry Birds" person? Any "old-fashioned homebodies" here, who just enjoy a quiet dinner at home and movie? Lately it's been more on my mind. I feel quite different from my friends. I honestly don't know if this is healthy/normal or if I should become more "well-rounded." I'm in my mid-late 20's, and now find the comforts of home to be more satisfying than a night out on the town.

By the way, I think my confidence took a shot in the arm when I got rejected by a couple close female friends in the past year whom I confessed my crush to. I hate to admit it, but it's definitely had some affect on me. For example, I'm just tired of the same old song, and have turned away from always looking for a "potential mate." I'm happy to be single, and want to be single until the right girl walks into my life. I know now for sure though that my future GF will have to be a simple girl, because I'm a simple guy. If she's the fancy restaurant, loves-to-travel type, there's no chance it'll work out. She has to enjoy the little things and not be too big a shopper or materialistic girl.

Sorry this topic is all over the place, I know... late night rambling. Thanks for hearing me out and any general feedback, words of wisdom, similar stories, whatever, would be much appreciated. I guess I'm going through a bit of a 'down' period right now. I'm finding myself to be different from my peers and friends, but in a way that sometimes I just feel inferior. Especially when they break out their smart phones or chat up on where the good eats are, etc. I know it might sound silly, but honestly I feel like I'm stuck in a "certain era" while everyone else around me has zoomed on to the super information highway.

Am I alone in this regard?

PS- Also, I think the recent girlfriend rejections this year has turned me from "introvert with extrovert tendencies" to "more of an introvert." I need to build myself back up. It's definitely hurt my self-esteem, especially the last rejection. A guy can only take so much.

You are in good company with me except I am probably too old for you. :D:love:

I had my social life pursuits over and done with by the time I was 40. I find the concept of living in a material/techno world extremely exhausting and also look forward to the retreat of my lovely home. I prefer to cook a simple meal, watch a movie, surf the net and check the progress of my garden. I'm a loner and I enjoy my own company and that of my books.

I don't think you are a boring homebody. I actually think you are evolved because it is rare, IMO, for the general population to be satisfied with simple living these days.

When I walk in the door, off go the shoes and the bra. The braids come out of my hair and I can be me again. The best company for me is a martini and a good book.

• Like 1

PS Your fondness for solitude will help you to build yourself back up and there is definitely a girl out there who shares your values.:)

• Author
PS Your fondness for solitude will help you to build yourself back up and there is definitely a girl out there who shares your values.:)

Ah thanks Vesna.

To back up Linda's point, that's just the thing. I'm not in my 40's. I'm in my mid-late 20's. Not many my age are like me. They are very much into technology, fancy restaurants, bar hopping, concerts, etc. I'm guess I'm really 45 years old in spirit, heh.

I remember I took a quiz a loooong time ago, maybe like 8 years ago. Even then, I remember one thing vividly: I was scored as having an "old-fashion soul." Quizzes don't always hit the nail on the head, but that one sure did. I always open doors for people, man, woman, stranger -- it doesn't matter. I prefer a quiet night at home vs. say a house party. Old-fashioned soul I am... in my 20's, lol.

Nowadays girls my age are all into travel, shopping, eating fancy food, technology, laptops, smart phones, etc. I feel so lost amongst them. I can't offer anything more than a simple lifestyle, loyal companionship and yeah... everything simple pretty much. I pray she's out there somewhere, but in the meantime I won't worry about it too much.

I'd like to hear from other posters too... is there actually anybody else like me also in their 20's?

You might be better off with a slightly older woman. I am 32 and share some similarities with you. 20s gals are still trying things and figuring things out. It could be an urban/rural thing too. My friend moved to S. Indiana with her husband and you would match their speed/style.

In the end don't forget there is a girl out there that is more your speed. It may be hard to believe or imagine but it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Bump, for anyone who might have something to add and missed this thread first time around. I'm curious to hear from the 20-somethings out there, whether or not your lifestyle mirrors mine or not.

Yvette_Sveden

Hej, et är trevligt att se dig igen.

Hey, it's nice to see you again.

It's been a while since I was last in here, I might have some catching up to do. Anyway, back to the issue at hand.

My heart certainly feels for you. Everyone is going to have some "down time" at one time or another in his/her life. Everyone is going to go into a little slump. Not that we want to be in a slump. It's just that the slump finds us. It's like becoming sick. No one wants to be sick, but the sickness will find its way to us inevitably.

I really, really think that you will get out of this slump. And I feel that it'll happen at the turn of 2011. Because I know you are a well-intentioned guy and you will run into someone who fits your personality profile.

There are times where I would just like to stay home and stay warm from the cold that's happening on the outside. I like to drink hot cocoa while I'm indoors or share it with a person (or a few people) for who I care about because it help ease the time. I would definitely enjoy watching a movie, or perhaps a sporting event, and just be lazy.

Other times, I do like to go out and have a few drinks with my girls while we're out on the town. I also like traveling, although doing that requires that you have to endure some stress that comes along with the chaos.

Life can be at ease, while it can also be at tense.

Life is also what you make it out to be. For a fresh new start for the next year, adapt a new strategy to make sure that the women you're interested in doesn't bring you back to feeling the way you do now. Stop acting as it you're too available. Don't get together with her at the drop of a hat. Wait a day or two to return one of her phone calls. Be a challenge, not a doormat. You can also make her jealous by dating other women. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone. When she sees you with another girl, it can make her realize that she might've overlooked you. She will feel that if the other girl likes you, then you must have the goods to a woman happy. I know this because it has happened to me a few times. And let me tell you, it irked me because it felt like I was the one being rejected. That feeling made me realized that I had some feelings for him after all. And it bothered me.

Or you can talk about other women in front of her and tell her how hot you think they are and ask her for tips on how to seduce them. You can also ask her out on a date or put your arms around her when you're just having a casual conversation with her. Let her get used to your touch. When you do it for the first time, act as if you've done it millions of times before. If she responds, keep her guessing as to whether you actually like her. Don't be too predictable. Things like this drives me nuts, but I love it because his games keeps me on my toes and thinking about him.

These rules applies to just about any type of girl you're interested in.

As far as your friends go, how long have you known these people? Perhaps you find it hard to avoid them because you've known them for a long time and it seems a bit disrespectful to just stop seeing them. As long as you have a phone that you can talk into when making and receiving phone calls, you will be just fine.

Perhaps a girl from Sweden will cure your ills. Ja?

dreamingoftigers
My original title was going to be "Any homebodies here?" but decided to change it because it's more than just about being a homebody.

I've always thought of myself as an introvert with extrovert tendencies. I used to enjoy going out and such... and I still do, but nowadays I find making that drive home (whether it's from work or hanging out with some friends) to be hugely appealing. I just want to get home, lounge around, surf the net, maybe play a video game, or watch a movie by myself. I guess as I grew older I've become more of a homebody.

I don't really (like to) travel, I like food but am not a foodie. I still don't have a smart phone. I see my friends talking about their favorite restaurants (that they've yelped), playing Angry Birds on their smart phones, talking tech stuff, and I just feel so lost. Honestly, part of me feels like I'm trapped back in the '90s (or at least early '00s). I like my friends, but I usually find my mind wandering to looking forward to driving home after a couple hours or so.

Is this normal? Can anyone else relate? Is anyone else here not into traveling, not a foodie, not an "Angry Birds" person? Any "old-fashioned homebodies" here, who just enjoy a quiet dinner at home and movie? Lately it's been more on my mind. I feel quite different from my friends. I honestly don't know if this is healthy/normal or if I should become more "well-rounded." I'm in my mid-late 20's, and now find the comforts of home to be more satisfying than a night out on the town.

By the way, I think my confidence took a shot in the arm when I got rejected by a couple close female friends in the past year whom I confessed my crush to. I hate to admit it, but it's definitely had some affect on me. For example, I'm just tired of the same old song, and have turned away from always looking for a "potential mate." I'm happy to be single, and want to be single until the right girl walks into my life. I know now for sure though that my future GF will have to be a simple girl, because I'm a simple guy. If she's the fancy restaurant, loves-to-travel type, there's no chance it'll work out. She has to enjoy the little things and not be too big a shopper or materialistic girl.

Sorry this topic is all over the place, I know... late night rambling. Thanks for hearing me out and any general feedback, words of wisdom, similar stories, whatever, would be much appreciated. I guess I'm going through a bit of a 'down' period right now. I'm finding myself to be different from my peers and friends, but in a way that sometimes I just feel inferior. Especially when they break out their smart phones or chat up on where the good eats are, etc. I know it might sound silly, but honestly I feel like I'm stuck in a "certain era" while everyone else around me has zoomed on to the super information highway.

PS- Also, I think the recent girlfriend rejections this year has turned me from "introvert with extrovert tendencies" to "more of an introvert." I need to build myself back up. It's definitely hurt my self-esteem, especially the last rejection. A guy can only take so much.

I am 28, and that is me. I resisted having to get a cell phone again. I don't use apps, yelp or twitter. I love to cook. I actually don't watch tv. (okay, maybe I would be a little too amish for your tastes anyways.) I am married to a technology freak who always wants the latest stuff (which we can't afford anyways) and who loves he speakers. It kind of grates on me. My best friend is a very old-fashioned girl, one year younger then me.

• Author
As far as your friends go, how long have you known these people? Perhaps you find it hard to avoid them because you've known them for a long time and it seems a bit disrespectful to just stop seeing them.

Yvette, I've known these friends for a short time now, about 6 months. I like them, but I'm not CRAZY about hanging out with them, and now that they want to hang out more (3, maybe even 4x a week) it's just too much work for me, lol. I liked it when we met once or twice a week and the other six/five days I was free to do my own thing. I gel with them OK, but I don't gel well enough to be seeing them 3-4x a week... it's just too much effort on my part and I'm lazy, lol. I don't consider them close enough friends where I wanna spend damn near half the week seeing them. I much rather be at home doing my own thing.

Perhaps a girl from Sweden will cure your ills. Ja?

OK I've gotta ask. You've been pretty straight-forward in all my topics. What exactly about me (an anonymous poster whose face you've never seen) appeals to you that you've made yourself "available" to me (even if it's all in good nature fun?) This is like your 3rd or 4th time I believe :p

Confusedalways

I'm 22 (actually--23 very soon!) and can kind of relate. Though I love my cellphone and technology, I find myself really enjoying solitude.

I used to be at the bars often, concerts, etc.

Now, I'd much prefer to play a game of monopoly with my boyfriend while we eat chinese food than bar hop with my best girlfriends. It's just so much work :laugh:. Honestly, I have a lot of friends-- but I really value my alone time. I love just sitting down and reading, watching tv, relaxing, etc.

I'm finding that even though I'm still young- I love people, but there's something about doing nothing I just enjoy. I do really like my "me" time, or prefer my company 1 on 1 rather than in large groups.

I'd be reluctant to discount girls that like to travel, however. I *love* to travel, but it's not like I'm jet setting around the globe. I love to save my money and take a vacation that I've earned to a place I can learn about. You can do extra nothing-ness when you're on vacation :)

It happens bro to different people at different times.. I found it weird that in my late twenties I had started to lose interest in things that alot of my friends at that time were still into. Bars started to get on my nerves, the drinking, and the partying, alot of if just lost its loster and was replaced by a good night sleep.. Could go on forever about the progression but would suffice to say whatever the choices you make or the company you keep there are people of similar interests and it makes poor use of your precious time whether alone or in the company of others regardless of the activity to doubt yourself or your lifestyle.. Be yourself and do what feels right...

Yvette_Sveden
Yvette, I've known these friends for a short time now, about 6 months. I like them, but I'm not CRAZY about hanging out with them, and now that they want to hang out more (3, maybe even 4x a week) it's just too much work for me, lol. I liked it when we met once or twice a week and the other six/five days I was free to do my own thing. I gel with them OK, but I don't gel well enough to be seeing them 3-4x a week... it's just too much effort on my part and I'm lazy, lol. I don't consider them close enough friends where I wanna spend damn near half the week seeing them. I much rather be at home doing my own thing.

I see. Being lazy can be the result of putting too much effort into something. You feel overwhelmed just at the thought of hanging out with these people 5 or 6 days a week. And if I read your original post correctly, you have to drive from where the hangout spot is back to your place. To be able to do that several times a week, can take its toll. I think once or twice a week seeing these people is perfectly fine. Even if its people who you've known for years.

OK I've gotta ask. You've been pretty straight-forward in all my topics. What exactly about me (an anonymous poster whose face you've never seen) appeals to you that you've made yourself "available" to me (even if it's all in good nature fun?) This is like your 3rd or 4th time I believe :p

You made me blush for a second there. I think it's all in good nature fun. It feels as if I'm a little attached to you through these posts and it really breaks my heart to have to see someone who is a well-intentioned guy get turned down by the women he likes and then having his self-esteem go away little by little because of it.

You know, when I read your posts, sometimes I wonder how different it would've been had I been the girl in question because I think you deserve better and I would love to see things get better for you. However, when I said that thing about having a girl from Sweden, I was mostly thinking about other Swedish women being more receptive to you because I was toying with the idea that a change of scenery will be a nice change for you. A change of scenery being that women (or a woman) from a Sweden can change your luck. I was playing on the phenomenon that American men just love the way Swedish women look and perhaps that maybe one of them will be more laid back for your tastes. In my mind, in my own silly way, I was playing the role of matchmaker to hook you up with someone else from there.

I said those things just to cheer you up.

God natt. (Good night)

• Author
You made me blush for a second there. I think it's all in good nature fun. It feels as if I'm a little attached to you through these posts and it really breaks my heart to have to see someone who is a well-intentioned guy get turned down by the women he likes and then having his self-esteem go away little by little because of it.

You know, when I read your posts, sometimes I wonder how different it would've been had I been the girl in question because I think you deserve better and I would love to see things get better for you. However, when I said that thing about having a girl from Sweden, I was mostly thinking about other Swedish women being more receptive to you because I was toying with the idea that a change of scenery will be a nice change for you. A change of scenery being that women (or a woman) from a Sweden can change your luck. I was playing on the phenomenon that American men just love the way Swedish women look and perhaps that maybe one of them will be more laid back for your tastes. In my mind, in my own silly way, I was playing the role of matchmaker to hook you up with someone else from there.

I said those things just to cheer you up.

God natt. (Good night)

Haha oh Yvette, God bless you. You're such a sweet soul! Thank you for your kind words. Well, the reason the "right girl" hasn't been on the other end of the solution is obviously for a reason. I've since accepted that (about a month ago), and now, I feel free for the first time in a long time. I'm no longer looking at girls as potentials rather seeing them for who they are.

My time will come. And if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world :)

Yvette_Sveden
Haha oh Yvette, God bless you. You're such a sweet soul! Thank you for your kind words. Well, the reason the "right girl" hasn't been on the other end of the solution is obviously for a reason. I've since accepted that (about a month ago), and now, I feel free for the first time in a long time. I'm no longer looking at girls as potentials rather seeing them for who they are.

My time will come. And if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world :)

Aww...

You are so wonderful, dear. I feel so rewarded. I wish I was next to you right now to give you this big hug for saying something this sweet! I know that you are a great person yourself and when you find someone who understands and appreciates you, she will have a wonderful man by her side. I know your time will come. And you will know it from your natural instincts. Enjoy the free time you are enjoying. I think the new year will give you a fresh start to your general outlook towards life.

Be the best that you can be, be handsome, be a little flirtatious, be a little more assertive around the women you like, if she says something that you disagree with, challenge her on those views and get into a playful argument. Agreeing with her all the time makes a guy look a bit bland. Be a bit edgy too, I guess. Things like that can get my attention and can spark a little interest in the guy.

I hope that what I said was somewhat informative.

Take care.

Bye.

• Author
Aww...

You are so wonderful, dear. I feel so rewarded. I wish I was next to you right now to give you this big hug for saying something this sweet! I know that you are a great person yourself and when you find someone who understands and appreciates you, she will have a wonderful man by her side. I know your time will come. And you will know it from your natural instincts. Enjoy the free time you are enjoying. I think the new year will give you a fresh start to your general outlook towards life.

Be the best that you can be, be handsome, be a little flirtatious, be a little more assertive around the women you like, if she says something that you disagree with, challenge her on those views and get into a playful argument. Agreeing with her all the time makes a guy look a bit bland. Be a bit edgy too, I guess. Things like that can get my attention and can spark a little interest in the guy.

I hope that what I said was somewhat informative.

Take care.

Bye.

Thanks for the advice Yvette. As I slowly grow and learn more about myself, I know more what I'm looking for in a partner and also who I am as a person. Now I feel I have a road map of sorts, whereas before I was just falling for physical beauty + "supposed connection/chemistry" but not really looking beyond that surface. Great place to start sure, but other areas need to be examined as well.

Happy new year everyone! I'm excited for 2011. It's gonna be a new year and a better me :)

I'd like to hear from other posters too... is there actually anybody else like me also in their 20's?

I am 31, and I'm a bit like you. The last time I went nightclubbing, I was thinking longingly of my pajamas before it was even midnight. I like nothing better than to stay at home, cook nice food, surf the net, read a book, maybe lounge in the bath by candlelight... I'm happiest when going out involves a couple of quiet drinks, dinner at a friend's house, or a nice walk with the dog. So there are compatible women out there, you just have to find them :)

I think you might find that homebodies are often foodies though - staying at home lends itself to cooking nice meals and making jars of jelly etc!

Edited by Eeyore79
  • 1 year later...
  • Author

Bumping this thread after nearly 18 months...

Any new thoughts or anyone who didn't post here back in Dec. 2010 want to comment on this topic of being a homebody?

Well, 2011 came and went, and my preferences haven't changed. In the last couple years for whatever reason I just enjoy a simple night at home. Or a dinner and movie with my brother and his girlfriend. Maybe a board game night with them and my cousins. Just simple things.

When friends call me out to dinner, I go, but I often find myself thinking "It'll be nice when I can drive home at 10 PM..."

LOL. I don't know what happened to me. I used to be more about let's hang out, let's go out, but lately, I've been very homebody-ish. Whoever my future GF/wife is, I think she will definitely need to have an appreciation of a simple life which includes just hanging out at home.

It seems everyone I meet is into going out, traveling, seeing the world, etc. To be honest, I just don't travel, and I go out only when friends invite me. Sometimes I feel guilty or like there's something wrong with me. Who knows, maybe there is, lol. But I know this is what I prefer. The idea of spending a Saturday night at home all alone doesn't bother me. As long as it's not 3-4 Saturdays in a row. Gotta have SOME balance, but yeah, I definitely don't mind spending 2 Saturday nights home each month. I got my net, my games, my books, my movies, my exercise machine, my bed...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Reading that was almost like reading about myself Teknoe.

Though I don't really have much else going on so I stay home. I enjoy it and it's where I really feel safe and confortable with myself.

You are right about the balance too. I don't have that at all. My life is here in these 4 walls. Which kinda sucks but I've lived this way for so long I can't get out of it.

Bumping this thread after nearly 18 months...

Any new thoughts or anyone who didn't post here back in Dec. 2010 want to comment on this topic of being a homebody?

Well, 2011 came and went, and my preferences haven't changed. In the last couple years for whatever reason I just enjoy a simple night at home. Or a dinner and movie with my brother and his girlfriend. Maybe a board game night with them and my cousins. Just simple things.

When friends call me out to dinner, I go, but I often find myself thinking "It'll be nice when I can drive home at 10 PM..."

LOL. I don't know what happened to me. I used to be more about let's hang out, let's go out, but lately, I've been very homebody-ish. Whoever my future GF/wife is, I think she will definitely need to have an appreciation of a simple life which includes just hanging out at home.

It seems everyone I meet is into going out, traveling, seeing the world, etc. To be honest, I just don't travel, and I go out only when friends invite me. Sometimes I feel guilty or like there's something wrong with me. Who knows, maybe there is, lol. But I know this is what I prefer. The idea of spending a Saturday night at home all alone doesn't bother me. As long as it's not 3-4 Saturdays in a row. Gotta have SOME balance, but yeah, I definitely don't mind spending 2 Saturday nights home each month. I got my net, my games, my books, my movies, my exercise machine, my bed...

In reading your posts (both now and when it was posted 18 months ago) I can relate very well with everything you've been through. I consider myself an introvert as well, although I would like to travel (just no money to do it) but college has really allowed me to move away from the "solitary" lifestyle.

I can relate because I've too been rejected by a couple close female friends of mine...although we've been friends ever since. It really does hurt, but at least know that there will always be someone! I've never even had an actual relationship before and still believe that...at least, most of the time.

Best of luck.

beenburned

I was raised a city girl, who happened to marry a country boy.

We have lived in the country all of our married years. All of our friends and co-workers have the same common interests and goals as us.

When I go back to visit in my hometown, all of my old city friends seem shallow and always trying to keep up with the Jones!:o

Stay true to yourself and you will find happiness!:)

esteem-jam

Hey man, somewhat relate. 2 years ago I caught up with my school friends. I am here in this small town, unemployed, they are in capital, working for the government. We played some basketball and unavoidable tongue-in-cheek jokes, really hate that, rather wish not.

So I compared my supposedly ****ty life with theirs... and blah... when we were talking... I was totally not interested in them. They supposedly should have been super-interesting persons with lots of going on, lots of hobbies, ... but it was totally opposite. I am the one with lots of hobbies, and that hanging-out, remembering our school time, I was just bored and wanted to go home quickly.

About the traveling girls, I totally relate. This hirl who rejected me and why I am on LS, is a traveler. Nothing wrong with traveling, but if somebody uses it as a weapon against be, then I rather pass. I havent traveled at all, because of money (and I need proper hygiene time), probably would like to...

So when I see somewhere in online dating a girl posting pics in "cool places she has been", I turn the page.

Although I am very techy, but already getting bored by it.

Lostinlife4now

Teknoe.....WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Ah thanks Vesna.

To back up Linda's point, that's just the thing. I'm not in my 40's. I'm in my mid-late 20's. Not many my age are like me. They are very much into technology, fancy restaurants, bar hopping, concerts, etc. I'm guess I'm really 45 years old in spirit, heh.

I remember I took a quiz a loooong time ago, maybe like 8 years ago. Even then, I remember one thing vividly: I was scored as having an "old-fashion soul." Quizzes don't always hit the nail on the head, but that one sure did. I always open doors for people, man, woman, stranger -- it doesn't matter. I prefer a quiet night at home vs. say a house party. Old-fashioned soul I am... in my 20's, lol.

Nowadays girls my age are all into travel, shopping, eating fancy food, technology, laptops, smart phones, etc. I feel so lost amongst them. I can't offer anything more than a simple lifestyle, loyal companionship and yeah... everything simple pretty much. I pray she's out there somewhere, but in the meantime I won't worry about it too much.

Hey, yes, I am 25 and I am just like you.

I used to be more social, went out more often, and I used to travel a lot, and often very sponteneously. Now I cannot make myself go visit a friend who lives in a town 3 hours away from mine, unless I promise and plan it 2 weeks in advance.

I moved to a new city four month ago. I tried to make new friends, and I met quite a lot of people, but I didn't get any friends. Why? Because I don't bother to keep contact. Meeting someone once or twice is enough fun for me, although I may enjoy the time with him/her, and maybe meet again sometime.

I used to like to get attention from the opposit sex. However, in this 4 month I blew off 4 guys who were interested in me, because I simply don't bother to respond the message or call back. And once I forgot to come to a date. I also enjoy being single and am not looking for a partner.

I go out with some people here sometimes but every time I am the first to go home, I just don't enjoy it that much as to give up my good night sleep for that.

Actually while I am writing this my flatmate has a party in his room ))) And I am on LS on saturday night.

• 6 months later...
  • Author

Ha, bumping this coz... I find I am becoming more and more of a homebody. I had a group of acquaintances from a church that I used to hang out with maybe once a month, up to 2x, but now am finding reasons not to attend anymore. Sometimes valid, sometimes I plain lie and just stay home. I just really enjoy my quiet nights alone at home!

Unless they're a friend I have a super close connection with, I find myself not liking to go out. If a casual friend asks me to go out, I almost feel "angry" thinking about giving up a Friday night I could spend at home either watching a movie, playing a game, etc. lol... I never thought I would become this introverted but I guess over the years I have.

I'm not into traveling at all. Whenever people talk about traveling, I just get tired and think about (when I can get back) home, lol. I guess I am very old fashioned in that regard and really cherish my peace and quiet (and pajamas! LOL)

Oh well... I've made peace about it recently. If I ever have a SO again, she better be a (semi-)homebody, too. Probably would have to be, otherwise we wouldn't mesh in the 1st place.

I've even been thinking of axe-ing my facebook account. I haven't checked it in like 5 weeks now. I just have become a lot more private....

I wonder if something's wrong with me? Haha I guess part of me feels strange because most 29 year olds can't wait to party or go hang out here or there... but I just like being at home. Hmm. :p