Indian guys in interracial relationships are rare, so have you seen exceptions?

By Indian I mean having their roots in India. Now we know that due to strict cultural customs and negative stereotypes about Indian men, it is rare to see an Indian guy in an interracial relationship. Also due to the fact that there are not as many Indian men in the US, most people have limited exposure to them. So I will start a poll and survey.

Which of the following Interracial couples involving Indian guys have you seen or known?

1. Indian guy - White girl

2. Indian guy - Asian girl

3. Indian guy - Latina

4. Indian guy - Black girl

5. Indian guy - Middle Eastern girl

6. Indian guy - Indian girl (by that I mean native lol)

anyone home?

I saw your post in the Dating forum. I have dated 2 Indian (India) guys. I have many professional friendships with them.

I am white, age 40.

One relationship in college crashed and burned because he was scared of his parents finding out. He was really scared of his parents.

The second one, fairly recent, was great. He was TOTALLY American. Born here. Christian and SO much fun. Still friends.

He only likes white American women. Same as his brother who married one.

So in Florida, have you seen an Indian - Latina relationship?

No, come to think of it. I haven't.

In England it's becoming quite popular due the cultural attitudes changing.

I know a couple (Indian guy and White girl) that have been dating for 8yrs.

• Author
If you like this Latino girl so much, ask her out.

not too important now since we are in a relationship but I was wondering why Indian guy - Latina was so rare

out of curiosity, do Indian guy - Latin girl couples even exist in America?

I think so because you said you were in such a relationship.

• Author
I think so because you said you were in such a relationship.

I am talking about marriage.

My daughter has been dating an Indian guy for about 6 months. They're both around 40. He was married to a Caucasian gal (blonde) before & they divorced after 8 years. My daughter is also Caucasian (blonde). I'm worried for both of them. I like him, but don't think they're right for each other. It seems like the cultural differences are too great.

Nikki Sahagin

I know a lot of people of all races who get into interracial relationships but they don't tend to last because down the line the whole cultural/religious/family thing gets brought up. I think its selfish to get into a relationship if you KNOW down the line it can't happen because you will put religion/culture/family first. I'm not saying its wrong to do so, but it certainly is wrong to enter a long term relationship if you know there can be nothing long term about it.

I know a lot of people of all races who get into interracial relationships but they don't tend to last because down the line the whole cultural/religious/family thing gets brought up. I think its selfish to get into a relationship if you KNOW down the line it can't happen because you will put religion/culture/family first. I'm not saying its wrong to do so, but it certainly is wrong to enter a long term relationship if you know there can be nothing long term about it.

And the rub becomes that in America Indians have the reputation of being the ethnic group where a man is most likely to back down and follow family wishes and marry the girl arranged by his mother in the end.

The same thing can be said about committed Christians who say they must marry a sister in Christ but get involved before they know the spiritual preference of the woman.

Nikki Sahagin
And the rub becomes that in America Indians have the reputation of being the ethnic group where a man is most likely to back down and follow family wishes and marry the girl arranged by his mother in the end.

The same thing can be said about committed Christians who say they must marry a sister in Christ but get involved before they know the spiritual preference of the woman.

Yes, it applies to all races and cultures. All races have their groups that place these things higher. Its not that its wrong, its just you have to be honest about which is more important to you? If its family/culture/religion then that is what you must put first. Otherwise it is unfair on yourself and the woman you may get involved with. Unless your parents have any chance of understanding.