My next door 27 old neighbor and me!

:bunny: I live in a complex of only 20 apartments. I found out over 2 months ago that my next door neighbor liked me from my gf upstairs.

He and I started hanging out and then of course became sex. I am 43 years old and have always dated younger guys - I'm always told I look in my late 20's early 30's and I have a 23 month old son and a 20 yr old daughter.

Anyway - this guy is driving me crazy and of course has behaviors of my last few exes and men my age I've dated (even my sons father who lives 6 streets away from me)!

He is a troubled soul for sure so I tend to mother him as well but he is meds for migraines and is in the service too. He gets drunk on his days off and is all over me and wants all my attention (when my son is at his Dads). He even gets jealous when I hang out upstairs with my gf - who is actually a man but a female impersonator and very gay.

I guess I am starting to have feelings for him but when I ask myself or my gf asks me how I feel when I think about him it is always - aggravation.

When I do not give him my time when he tends to demand it in his little weird ways....he gets mad and then just blows me off - ignores my phone call or email etc.

He left yesterday until next week out of state and I miss him. But I also put my foot down last week and told him I felt he was self absorbed and everything revolved around him right down to conversations etc.....

That is all I will write for now as my son just woke up so please give me some input until I get back to this!

Thank you!

You have a very young, impressionable son. IMO, it's not a good idea to be getting involved with this guy, who sounds immature and unstable, and might have a drinking problem to boot.

I don't think the age difference would be a big deal if he was less troubled and more mature, but as it stands I think it's irresponsible to let this relationship continue in light of your child's needs.

However, I wonder how easy it's going to be to break up with a troubled guy who lives in your apartment complex. Make sure you alert your upstairs friend and your nearby ex to keep an eye out in case he's trouble, and in future look for boyfriends who aren't already in your personal space. I dated a guy who lived super close to me once and it was a HUGE mistake and got really messy when we broke up, and I had to break my lease and move early. Lesson learned.