huntgoddess

What do people think about The Rules book, which tells women to be hard to get and let men make the first move, do the chasing, etc?

Do the rules work (the objective being for a man to propose marriage)?

I think the Rule Book has some merit. But if a person is so pathetic they have to read it in order to conduct themselves in the romantic arena, then they probably won't be able to keep a partner.

Though I think in most cases it is the man who proposes marriage...there's nothing wrong with the woman doing it. In most cases, I think it's the woman's idea in the first place and she somehow gets the man to speak up.

Oh PLEASE!

End phone calls first?

Silently count to five before answering yes if he asks you out?

Don't discuss "The Rules" with your therapist?!?!?!

I think not.

No, my favorite is don't accept a Saturday date after Wednesday! Har. Whatever.

I think many of the rules are really stupid. But as I said, for girls with boundary, needy, clingy problems or insecurity issues, I think others of them can help some women.

Huntgoddess,

Please just follow your own heart.

It's interesting that this thread really has a lot to do with another that is in a heated debate over the way dating should go.

I refer you to the following, which has plenty of discussion on the whole matter of getting a date, keeping a date, what to do and what not to do...ETC.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t22440/

Curt

PurpleAngel

Yes I agree Curt, people should go back to following their instinct and heart. And stop listening to the ‘tribe’ we, or books can give advice but (a) doesn’t make it the right advice for you and (b) always best to follow your heart and discover ‘your own’ rules (so to speak)

It’s ok to read stuff like that as suggestions IF they are constructive ones... BUT either way I don’t think it should EVER be used as gospel, I think its very important as a woman or a man to get into YOUR OWN!

Light and Love

~PurpleAngel~

:bunny:

huntgoddess

"I think the Rule Book has some merit. But if a person is so pathetic they have to read it in order to conduct themselves in the romantic arena, then they probably won't be able to keep a partner."

I disagree that women who read this book for whatever reason are pathetic. Men play rules too, and a male friend of mine admitted that he puts on an act to get women to sleep with him. Anyone has use for strategies in any field.

Also, women don't "have to read it in order to conduct themselves in the romantic arena", they are reading for expores to ideas they may or may not already know about.

Books are about ideas, and in no way are people who read them pathetic.

HokeyReligions

I wish I had written the book - I would be independently wealthy now! :)