Would you date anyone with a child?

I haven't had a lot of responses to my other entry about my boyfriend's baby, but I just thought I'd ask a general question:

Would you date anyone with a child? If so, why? If not, why?

i'd date a guy who has a child, as long as he's divorced & all that jazz. i don't see any problem with children, as long as he can afford babysitters, and he has it figured out with the kid's mother.

-yes

YOU ASK:

1. "Would you date anyone with a child?"

Assuming they would not bring the child along on the date, yes. However, it takes a different sort of guy to date a lady with one or more children. The child always comes first. If a baby sitter cannot be found, the date is off. If the child gets sick, the date is off. I don't mind dates cancelling on me for good reason but some guys do.

Dating a person with a child is a much different question than marrying someone with a small child. That I would have to consider much more but I probably would if the lady was really terrific and her ex was not a bastard or inclined to murder me. Of course, the child would have to be pretty decent too.

2. "If so, why? If not, why?"

If I really liked the lady, it would make no difference. If I wasn't incredibly excited about her, no way. I suppose I could be fond of the child as well and that too would be a factor. But, then too, if the child was a nightmare, hasta la vista, baby!!!

Originally posted by jalexy

at my age of 21, gawd no. too much drama...

26 for me, and bing bing bing, same answer.

• 1 month later...

I am 23 years old and after what I went through with my last boyfriend and his baby. I don't think I would ever

date a guy who has a kid again. Especially if he stills sees the kids mother a lot. I wouldn't be able to trust him.

No matter what he says. Only because I know that the kid and the mother are always going to come first before

me and guys are always going to care about the mother of their child no matter what they say about her.

I would only date a guy with a kid again if the mother of the kid was completely out of the picture.

Then again I would rather be with a guy that has no kids at all so if you do end up staying with them you can

start off fresh with no baggage at all.

Hmmm...that's a hard question. Dating might be okay, but if you are talking about getting into a serious relationship or marriage with someone who has a child - I don't know. Because no matter how much he/she love you, he/she will always love that child more, and that child's needs will come first. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's how it should be. I just like to have all the attention on me, so I don't know if I could handle that. Each situation is different, so I guess it would just depend on the situation.

Well Ill have to say no on this one. I'm 20. I don't want to have kids for another 8-10 years. I really love kids, but its just not something I would feel comfortable dealing with. Not to mention, how can one have time to date and take care of a small child? The child should be the parents #1 priority. Its hard enough for him/her growing up with no real family, much less see mommy or daddy go out with different people every other week. How can people this young afford kids?