I have it BAD for my professor

Oh god I have it hard for my history professor. I can't seem to shake it I am in a happy committed relationship and to be honest I haven't had a crush other than my boyfriend in years. I am 20, he is in his late 30's/early 40's and I have no idea why but I think he is beyond adorable. Not to mention he may also be gay. He is really dorky and he does not show interest in me I mean he always gets my name wrong. I need to get over this. I don't want to upset my boyfriend with this. I just feel really frustrated I get all twitchy when Im near him and thought I was gonna just fall over the other day when we had a one on one meeting. I think I may even change my major to international studies cause of it *not that thats not a bad idea but I want to make that choice with out being influenced by this crush.* Im sorry im on a rant. In short,Crush on professor, how do I get over it?

Geishawhelk

This is refreshing.

Someone who sees a potential problem, and seeks to ensure it doesn't explode, as opposed to asking:

"How can I make him notice me? Do you think he likes me? How can I move this on? I know I have a BF but we've been having problems....."

Good for you for doing it this way!

I can only think of one way of removing the power from this problem.

Here goes.....

Reveal it.

Ask to see your teacher in private, draw a deep breath and tell him:

"I'm very concerned, because I think I'm developping an unhealthy crush on you and I don't want it to get to such a stupid level, that it affects my work. I have a BF to whom I am utterly devoted, so I can't explain this crush and I'm not even going to try.

It's utterly ridiculous and all I want is to be able to study with a clear head.

What do you suggest?"

Now, I'm sure there are masses of reasons why this might not be a good idea.

And I can hear them in my head.

But they do say the way to overcome a fear is to face it.

he will probably be very taken aback, and be stunned by your honesty.

But if you emphasise to him that this is absolutely something you are not prepared to tolerate in yourself, and that you want to get rid of it, because you will not compromise your education, or relationship with your BF - it may just help him come up with some strategies to help you.

And it will remove the power from your crush.

half of that power, is that it's secret.

Look, this was just an idea.

Like I said, it has it's potential, but there may be too much for you to consider.

But it's just my 2cents.....

Good luck.