Do I need a challenge?

I am wondering if other people have experienced the same indecision I seem to when dating. It seems I am luke warm when they are showing strong interest in me but after a time, when they seem to change their minds about me, I then decide I want something with them but it is to late.

My friends tell me I need a challenge and when they back off I then try to turn it on. I guess I am asking if other people experience this same thing and what can I do to end this indecision and need for a challenge?

It COULD just be a need for what you're perceiving as a "challenge" but, IMO, that would just be a left-over from your, er, more juvenile way of looking at relationships :eek:.

But it may also point to a fear of getting hurt or becoming dependent on, etc. Or, conversely, fear of hurting another or being made responsible for him/her, etc.

Really you would need to explore such types of possibilities, and then decide what is your own truth about your feelings/attitudes/behaviour...and also which, if any, aren't serving you very well...and then change those into whatever you determine will work better for your own current-day needs, desires and goals.